About the role:
The People Experience Senior Director reports to Zwift’s Chief People Officer and partners to run a progressive, professional, and fun People function supporting the delivery of the business strategy. Three new Director roles in an expanding People function created to help build Zwift’s infrastructure, programs, and processes for scale; and to provide functional expertise, partnership to business leaders, creative and operational know-how and high EQ to achieve the best outcomes with all levels of the organization through honest, direct and inclusive communications.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game experience that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny sands of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 350 (and counting!) Watopians - that’s what we call our employees - and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Australia, Rio de Janeiro, and London. Together, we are disrupting the fitness industry!
If you’re looking for an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team, Zwift is just that. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and we take our foosball VERY seriously. And, our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel brings you daily fuzzy, furry, heartwarming paws and noses straight to your screen. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people in our brand new playful and colorful office environment. That being said, we don't want you to be intimidated by the former Olympians, pro cyclists, and other amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Even if you're at the very beginning of your fitness journey, there is a place for you here! Who knows, you may surprise yourself and complete your first triathlon if you hang out with us for too long.
Who we’re looking for:
You are a seasoned People Business Partner and are well versed and highly capable of anticipating, defining and implementing the right solutions for our people. You know what employee experience really means and can articulate it’s value to a business. Your #1 priority is to cultivate that experience everyday.
You know the ins and outs of the People function and have experiences to share about coaching first-time leaders, leading talent reviews, developing training solutions, inclusion and engagement programs - partnering with the People managers all along the way.
You’re motivated by creating, implementing and maturing programs, policies and procedures to support a dynamic growth business and can demonstrate balancing aspiration with the practical, operational and tactical elements to get things done.
Naturally, you’ll be a Cultural steward and champion Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging - leading by example, challenging bias and driving active and conscious inclusion in all aspects across the organization. You agree that when people feel like they belong, they thrive; and you strive to create this experience for everyone, everyday.
Together, this role will be responsible for:
Partnerships & Collaboration:
- Serve as the primary People Team liaison to department heads, with specific responsibility for coaching and guiding leaders on the best people strategy to meet business needs
- Partner with the full People Team (Talent Engagement, Workplace Experience and Social Impact.) to ensure that our processes and programs meet the needs of our business systemically.
Capability & Workforce Planning:
- Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring & development needs against the capabilities they need to deliver business objectives; prepare updated workforce plans and forecasts to inform key people choices and initiatives.
Hiring & Onboarding:
- Assist with the hiring & onboarding process, including coaching managers on how to shape job descriptions, how to interview for fit and how to onboard to ensure fast acclimation to our culture.
Guidelines and Expectations:
- Champion our values and policies, so everyone knows what is expected of them and what is available to them as Zwift team members.
- Develop and implement proactive ER strategies that preserve a fun, engaging environment; resolve issues quickly when they arise and enable people to thrive.
Feedback & Reporting:
- Track and monitor the effectiveness of our people practices and programs; ensure we are operating effectively, and providing great support to deliver the business plan.
- Create the environment for Watopians to give and receive feedback openly and ensure we champion our values to “Always Level Up” and “One Zwift for All”.
You’ll have these skills and experiences:
- People over HR mindset - a progressive outlook with an engaging and fun style (not the “policy police” HR) and demonstrated delivery of the Art & Science of People leadership.
- At least 6 years of People Partnering experience within a fast-paced, growing tech company, PLUS at least 4 years experience in other People related roles.
- Solid understanding of small company dynamics which includes the ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, constant changing, adaptability and flexibility; operate with urgency and also for the long-term value.
- Strong problem solving skills and business acumen. There is a lot of work ahead and we need someone who excels at building something from nothing, but is strategic and knows how to scale.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and development, change management, and overall talent management.
- Ability to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support decisions and be able to represent them in a visually compelling manner.
- Outstanding program and project leadership and delivery experience; overseeing high impact People or Talent programs.
- Excellent understanding of local employment law and international employment customs and practices.
- Experience with M&A and integration.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A reputation of unquestionable integrity, high EQ and an inclusive mind-set.
Some Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Fast growing, collaborative environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Employee perks and benefits including a fitness program and fantastic industry discounts
- Amazing office locations with killer views
- Did we mention that we encourage you to workout at work...Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
Of course we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live everyday:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] To learn more about how Zwift collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Zwift Applicant Privacy Notice.