Senior Director, People Experience at Zwift
Who we’re looking for:
The Senior Director, People Experience reports to Zwift’s Chief People Officer and partners to run a progressive, professional, and fun people function supporting the delivery of the business strategy. This is a new role in an expanding people function created to help build Zwift’s infrastructure, programs, and processes for scale. This critical position will provide functional expertise, partnership and coaching to business leaders, creative and operational know-how and high EQ to achieve the best outcomes with all levels of the organization through honest, direct and inclusive communications.
You are a seasoned People Business Partner and are well versed and highly capable of anticipating, defining and implementing the right solutions for our people. You know all of the ins and outs of the People function and have stories to tell about coaching a leader on people management, workforce strategy and plan, leading talent reviews, developing training solutions or creating systemic Employee Relations solutions.
You’re motivated by building, creating, implementing and maturing programs, policies and procedures to support a dynamic growth business. You can also demonstrate balancing the practical, operational and tactical elements to get things done. Naturally, you’ll be a cultural steward and champion Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging - leading by example, challenging bias and driving active and conscious inclusion in all aspects across the organization.
You know what great employee experience means and its value to a business, and your #1 priority is providing that experience. You love what you do and recognize that your role is to equip others with the right environment, tools, and programs to love what they do so they can do their best work every day.
In a nutshell, the Senior Director, People Experience ensures that Zwift’s employees and people managers have guidance, development and experiences that help to create an amazing place to work.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH.
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including Headspace, Unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be personally responsible for several of these key responsibilities and will partner with other People Team members to ensure the delivery of all of these items.
- Define the strategy, capabilities and processes necessary to serve as the primary People Partner to the area of the business you support
- Understand the business strategy so that you may develop people strategies for each business leader you support
Partnerships & Collaboration:
- Serve as the primary People Team liaison to department heads, with specific responsibility for coaching and guiding leaders on the best people strategy, plans and offerings to meet their needs
- Partner with the full People Team (recruiting, engagement, facilities, etc.) to ensure that our processes and programs meet the needs of our business systemically
Capability & Workforce Planning:
- Collaborate with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring & development needs against the capabilities they need to deliver business objectives; prepare updated Org Designs, workforce plans and forecasts to inform key people choices and initiatives
Hiring & Onboarding:
- Assist with the hiring & onboarding process, including coaching managers on how to shape job descriptions, how to interview for fit and how to onboard to ensure fast acclimation to our culture
Guidelines and Expectations:
- Promote and uphold the values and policies, so everyone knows what is expected of them and what is available to them as Zwift team members
- Develop and implement proactive Employee Relations strategies that preserve a fun, engaging environment; resolve issues quickly when they arise
Compensation and Benefits:
- Partner to make sure everyone receives great pay and benefits; be a resource for questions and feedback on the payroll process, compensation & benefits administration, employee accommodations and status changes (including leaves, transfers, and exits)
Feedback & Reporting:
- Track and monitor the effectiveness of our people practices and programs; Ensure that our systems work, our org is operating effectively, and that we are delivering great service to the business
- Create mechanisms for team members to give feedback and ideas that will make their experience even better
What You’ll Need:
- A progressive outlook (People Function over HR mindset) with an engaging and fun personality (not the “policy police” stigma of HR) and demonstrated delivery of the Art & Science of People leadership.
- A reputation of unquestionable integrity
- Solid understanding of small company dynamics which includes being able to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, adaptability and flexibility
- Strong problem solving skills and business acumen. There is a lot of work ahead and we need someone who excels at building something from nothing, but is strategic and knows how to scale.
- Attention to detail with quick execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support decisions
- Subject matter expertise, with demonstrated experience in coaching and development, change management, and overall talent management
- Strong change management skills - comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments
- Outstanding program and project leadership and delivery experience; overseeing high impact talent programs across the businessExcellent understanding of local employment law and international employment customs and practices
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills & high EQ
- Experience with M&A is ideal
- About 6+ years of People experience with a fast paced, growing tech company
Of course we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live everyday:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.