Reporting to our CFO, you are responsible for managing and monitoring our cash activity on a daily basis, establishing cash policies and controls, and work with our banks and customer credit card processors.
To be successful in this role, you need to have strong cash management knowledge and bring expertise in developing and implementing treasury policies and procedures. You are also willing to roll-up your sleeves and dive into rewarding work while also helping develop the Treasury function for the organization and many more exciting responsibilities.
NOTE: THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE, FULL TIME POSITION. REMOTE PERSONS AND THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS NEED NOT APPLY.
- Create a highly valued Treasury function that delivers consistent results that can be measured with key metrics.
- Monitor daily cash activities and ensure transactions are being recorded properly and timely. Prepare daily cash flow.
- Develop and maintain cash management procedures, including banking, merchant accounts and credit cards.
- Open and close bank and merchant accounts, account signatories and team user entitlements.
- Review and optimize customer payment processing vendors and process.
- Negotiate with banks and merchant accounts to optimize fee structure and services.
- Monitor and manage bank fees and resolve discrepancies.
- Implement and report (weekly, monthly, quarterly) on key metrics to monitor and manage cash.
- Prepare cash forecasts.
- Partner with the ERP implementation team on cash related activities.
- Manage the insurance renewal process and relationships with carriers/brokers.
- Manage sales tax reporting process and audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated treasury experience.
- Strong banking knowledge and relationships.
- Experience with automating processes in high volume environments while maintaining financial controls
- Extremely reliable, trustworthy and able to work with the utmost confidentiality.
- Detail oriented and highly sensitive to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and in writing; ability to build relationships and work with a wide variety of people and functions, both internally and externally.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make decisions.
- Competitive salary (DOE).
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), matching 401k.
- Opportunity for monthly team bonuses.
- Full gourmet kitchen.
- In-office Crossfit gym with free classes.
- Yoga and meditation breaks.
- Casual, “no dress code” atmosphere and an open office space.
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team.
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases.
Golden Hippo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.