Transaction Coordinator at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Real Estate team works to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless customer to real estate agent interaction, and providing customer support throughout the home discovery experience. One of Better’s newer teams, we are looking for entrepreneurs with strong operational capabilities, business acumen, and a “get stuff done” mentality.
In this role, you’ll be part of the support team for Better Real Estate’s in-house real estate agents. Your core responsibility is to support BRE’s in-house agents and their customers throughout the entire transaction lifecycle, from customer acquisition to closing. This position allows you the opportunity to enhance your communication and relationship-building skills through direct engagement with our customers; evolve your problem solving skills through thought partnership with our in-house real estate agents; and expand your knowledge of how Better operates as a business, thanks to ongoing cross functional collaboration with a range of different departments.
Sound interesting? Learn more about our Better Real Estate culture and team here!
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging directly with leads via calls, SMS/text message, email
- Providing all operational support that is needed to make an agent effective and increase responsiveness to customer
- Managing all home viewings
- Owning all aspects of customer nurture: sending market reports, setting up home search, check-ins with customer on behalf of the agent, and answering questions from customer when agent is not available
- Creating offer package for review
- Managing post-offer process, including working with home inspector, attorney and closing services
- Introducing customer to all Better+ entities and acting as a liaison
- Providing real-time customer support in the home buying journey.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Real Estate experience preferred, but not required
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a fast-paced environment
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.