Sr. Manager, Music Business Development at Snap Inc.
Snapchat’s recently launched music-based creative tools empower our 249M daily users to convey a new dimension of self expression by quickly adding licensed music to their snaps. This is just the start of music at Snap and we are growing our Music Partnerships and Operations team to support these tools globally.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Music Business Development to focus on building business relationships with key partners across the globe to support all music initiatives at Snap. This includes striking licensing agreements with owners of master and composition rights in key territories around the world as well as exploring partnerships to support the greater music ecosystem at Snap.What you'll do:
As a key member of the team, ideal candidates for this role will have a successful track record in the following areas:
- Negotiating and securing global distribution rights from record labels, music publishers and Performing Rights Organizations
- Experience working with scaled technology platforms that have a focus on music products
- Driving content strategy and economic models for new partnerships to ensure we have the broadest selection of content available
- Forging long lasting relationships with existing and new content providers
- Striking agreements with 3rd party contractors to fulfill contractual obligations for content delivery, ingestion, and reporting
- Monitoring the competitive landscape to help inform strategic planning
- Achieving operational excellence with internal and external partners
- Diving deep to solve complex rights related issues
- Creative and innovative thinker with a proven track record for solving complex problems
- Team player who can work across multiple groups, including product, engineering, legal, and other XFN teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Bias for action and excel in a lean work environment
- 7+ years managing business development and licensing for a music-focused technology platform, digital music service or rights owner
- Street smarts - willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Passionate about the business of music
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!