Solutions Engineer at GumGum
A Solutions Engineer (SE) has strong familiarity with header bidding and server-to-server integrations types and is a key team technical problem solver. In short, the role is the first level of technical support at the company as it relates to all publisher integrations for new and existing clients. This role requires a deep understanding of the strategic partnerships team needs and customers along with a high sense of technical acumen. A SE has built a strong trust level among the strategic partnerships team and is someone who can set an example and become a “go-to” for trivial and complex technical matters.
The SE helps steer the product group towards developing solutions and features around GumGum's technical needs and essentially drives the product technical que for publisher development. Finally the SE is a key resource on client calls and emails - helping to steer GumGum’s publisher partners in the right direction on our integrations and technical set up.
****Please note we are working from home until June 2021
- Provides pre sale technical support to partnerships team
- Advocates for the technical needs of the group to product/engineering.
- Helps influence product decisions and priorities
- Takes on and resolves JIRA tickets from the publisher support queue as they are submitted.
- Develops best practice documentation and powerpoints to help educate the team.
- Helps resolve discrepancies using data analysis and technical know how.
- Owns relationship with key technical vendors ie. Amazon - and sets call agendas regarding team technical needs.
- Provides counsel to publisher success team on technical publisher issues such as ad placement, advanced metrics reporting, and discrepancies.
- Leads technical calls and screen sharing sessions with GumGum publishers to sort through integration related matters.
- Conducts training sessions and educates the team on new releases and technical product developments.
- Regularly contributes new documentation around GumGum’s integration types (header bidding and server-to-server).
- Serves as the lead liaison between Amazon and GumGum - leading meetings, QBR’s, and sets weekly partner check in agendas.
- B.A. in a technical field such as computer science or IT. Certification from a well known technical bootcamp also preferred
- 2 years of ad tech experience preferred
- Basic knowledge in pulling SQL queries and data warehousing
- Capable of setting up all GumGum related publisher integrations within Google Ad Manager
- Experienced with DevTools
- Exposure to ad serving methodologies
- Excellent Presentations skills and confidence when presenting in front of clients or an internal audience
- Startup Minded
- Growth Mindset
- Easily adapts to a constantly changing environment
- Has an ability to keep growing and expanding their knowledge set. Has a thirst for knowledge and growth
- Always working to improve their abilities, develop new skills and grow in their role, rather than just fall back on natural talent
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employer + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2021
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)