Senior Manager, New Business at Omaze
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Omaze was recently named one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company.
The Senior Manager, Business Development will help to craft the direction of the Omaze houses portfolio of incredible experiences.
This role requires someone with a track record of delivering sales growth in alignment with brand objectives, reflecting a clear consideration of the target customer, as well as competitive and global trends. This position requires someone who shows creativity in problem-solving, who is strategic, analytical and goal-oriented. He/she will work well across multiple functions and bring organization and innovation to established and new processes.
- With a sharp focus on Houses, he/she will actively partner with the VP New Business to develop the GTM strategy for the Omaze Houses channel
- Within our target markets, you will build relationships with luxury home developers in order to secure new, never-lived-in homes for our house campaigns
- Build seasonal campaign assortment plans for the Houses channel based on unique, trend-right and high affinity experiences, driving growth and profitability
- Partner with merchandising counterparts to ensure cross-vertical assortments are aligned, inventory and supporting stories are cohesively merchandised and quarterly targets are met
- Lead the GTM process for the House vertical and guarantee a complete cross-functional hand-off (Marketing, Fulfillment, Operations) to ensure successful campaign launches and consumer-centric content
- In partnership with Finance and the SVP Merchandising, lead through annual and seasonal financial planning. Deliver pre-season financial forecasts by channel and vertical that deliver on merchandising goals and that meet or exceed overall company goals including gross donations, inventory targets, margin and contribution
- Inform in-season forecasting and ensure weekly reporting reflects marketing and promotional influences, seasonal trends and partnership efforts
- Partner with the Product to ensure the online merchandising of the House portfolio is optimized for the best customer experience
- Collaborate with the marketing and content teams to ensure campaigns are supported by strong story-telling and promotional strategies that align with our growth objectives and reach the right target consumers
- Influence the seasonal calendar, ensuring campaigns are optimized for best launch and close dates
- Provide insights and guidance for Strategic Partnerships teams to secure the right distribution to drive to campaign metrics
- Provide input and direction on reporting functionality and needs across the organization
- Participate/support as needed to gather consumer insights and use customer data to determine seasonal assortments and campaign strategies
- You should have some experience working in real estate, a passion for the industry, and you certainly know how to build pipelines from scratch regardless of industry
- There is no playbook for what we’re building, which is fine because you thrive in situations of high uncertainty
- You leverage data to improve your decision-making whenever possible, but are equally comfortable making key decisions in the absence of quality data
- You have an entrepreneurial mentality and easily flip between strategic and tactical thinking
- You excel in high pressure environments with little guidance
- You read broadly and have an insatiable drive to learn