Sales Manager (Remote)
We are Route
Buying stuff online can get messy once you hit that “order” button. Managing dozens carrier tracking links, dealing with lost or damaged packages, and resolving issues with customer support can feel like a wild goose chase. That’s why we created the Route — to make the post-purchase experience for consumers like you, and the brands you love, as seamless as possible.
Route is on a mission to connect the world’s commerce. Through our network of +5 million Route App users and 15,000 merchants, we’re making it easier than ever for consumers to track, insure, and discover their favorite products in one place — which connects the world’s coolest direct-to-consumer brands to happy repeat customers.
Since Route launched in 2018, we’ve been on a journey to build innovative products that empower our customers, all while fostering a people-first, values-driven company culture. We’re looking for talented people across the ecommerce space to join us on the next steps of this adventure.
Don’t just take our word for it! Discover what life at Route has to offer.
The Route Sales team discovers, onboards, and nurtures partnerships with global, innovative brands that want to build a modern relationship with their customers — from checkout to delivery and beyond. More than 15,000 merchants are part of the Route network today, and we're just getting started! Whether you're just getting started in sales or you're a leader with deep experience in the field, you'll find limitless opportunities to push the envelope and grow your career within this team.
As a Sales Manager at Route, your top priority will be the continued success, growth, and development of your team, which will be on a mission to discover and onboard a high volume of the world’s best brands to Route’s network. You will work closely with senior stakeholders across the organization to set priorities, create and align on company-wide OKRs, achieve hiring plans, and empower your team to consistently meet or exceed ambitious revenue goals on a monthly or quarterly basis. You’ll also work closely with Enablement, Operations, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to improve processes, enhance our GTM strategy, and ensure that Route builds a strong foundation for future growth and expansion.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in quota attainment, performance, growth, and ability to effectively lead a high-performing team. Having experience working in fast-paced, growth environments is a plus.
What you’ll do
- Recruit, onboard, and develop high-performing and committed sales reps while ensuring a progressive career path for their future at the company
- Continually assess, clarify, and validate strategy and process
- Assist in equipping your team with the skills necessary to sell SaaS
- Track, measure, and report on sales effectiveness and help in adjusting programs and strategies as necessary
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment and operational success
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the eCommerce industry, including trends, workflow, processes, measurements, performance, competitors, and more
- Become efficient in forecasting, working to become accurate and predictable over time
- Familiarity and high usage of internal tools ranging from CRM to managing OKRs
- Build development plans for your direct reports, conduct weekly 1:1s, deal-reviews, performance plans, and other methods to establish consistency and accountability
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of progressive sales leadership experience in SaaS, managing Account Executives; high-growth start up background is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Hands-on, proactive, and able to operate effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated track record of success in sales and leadership responsibilities
- Strong understanding of sales process/methodology, pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and delivery of quarterly results
- Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives, team members, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Record of recruiting and enabling top sales talent
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Excellent time management skills
Salary for this role: $85,000 - $130,000 + bonus
The cash compensation above includes base salary, and is not reflective of potential commission for employees in eligible roles, or annual bonus targets under Route’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all Route employees are eligible to participate in Routes equity incentive plan to receive stock options per the terms of the agreement. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their career level, skills, experience, specific geographic location qualifications and other job-related reasons.
Equal opportunity for all
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We know our team works best when everyone feels happy, healthy, and supported. We offer to pay 100% of your health insurance premiums on a $0 deductible plan for you and your family, remote or hybrid work arrangements, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, formalized growth opportunities, learning & development, DEI programs & events, and so much more.