Manager/Director of Sales - Talent at Cameo
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next phenomenal tech company!About the role:
The Manager of Sales will be responsible for leading a sales team passionate about acquiring new creative talent on the Cameo platform. This will include responsibility for achieving revenue goals, growing value for our marketplace participants (fans and stars), and building the revenue machines to support long term profitability.What you will be doing:
- Lead and encourage your team with superlative communication, thoughtfulness, and strategic insight. Hire and develop a world class team of sales professionals. Help build and define our shared sales culture.
- Acquire more famous talent faster! Our Talent Acquisition business is the onramp for how our talent comes on Cameo. It’s this team's job to identify, connect with, and convince talent across the planet to join Cameo, and it will be your job to craft the GTM strategy, build the team, and enable their success. This includes our partnership channels across the entertainment spectrum that support acquisition efforts.
- Operate your sales machine. This includes planning, forecasting, growth strategies, and day to day sales management associated with a hunter team.
- Operations supported by a Sales Ops team focused on data and analytics, GTM strategy, process design and refinement, and overall operational support of the GTO. You will hold the team accountable for Salesforce hygiene and organization
- Support partnerships with agents, managers, publicists, and referral partners in order to onboard their own networks.
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional initiatives between the marketing and product team, leverage your insight and experience to improve various channels within the business
- Maintain rules of engagement and continuously assess the success of ROE amongst the team in creating a harmonious work environment. Help maintain territory and vertical plans with the operations team
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward, and individual recognition
- Input and organize on the agenda for weekly Talent acquisition meetings, surfacing appropriate team wins, questions, and talking points for the VP of sales
- 4+ years of sales leadership with experience in transactional sales, entertainment, and/or consumer technology.
- A history of success in work, school, and other experiences, such as internal promotions within your former companies, singular achievements, and other distinctions.
- Executive leadership experience managing and building teams
- Very strong analytical, planning, and business problem-solving skills
- Positive, compassionate, fun and likes to get s*it done.
- Growth mentality and strong collaboration skills
- MBA or secondary degree preferred
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, “Run Through Walls” and “Roll Out the Red Carpet”.
- You bring humility and compassion to work daily.
- You are receptive to feedback, coaching, strategic realignment when vital and lead with no ego.
- You lead with compassion and empathy and have Cameos best interest at heart when setting goals and performance metrics for your team
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- You make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and positive work ethic