Manager, Sales Operations & Strategy at Flexport
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
The Sales Operations and Strategy team supports our Sales Leadership and General Managers in the design and execution of our go-to-market strategy. Members of this team are the go-to problem solvers and thought partners to our commercial leaders. We are looking to add team members to directly support our regional GMs and sales leadership; these roles will be sit in the geo that they support, but will also be part of a cohesive team of sales operations and strategy professionals.You will:
- Play a key role in the annual strategic planning process by making recommendations on go-to-market strategy, how to structure and grow teams, and how to improve sales productivity in your territory.
- Partner with the GM and sales leaders in your territory on operational and analytical requests, such as sales team restructuring, territory planning, business performance analysis, and sales forecasting.
- Build strong partnership with the GM, Sales Leadership, Business Operations, Analytics, and other cross-functional teams to drive initiatives and achieve objectives.
- Serve as the liaison between global sales operations and your local revenue team -- leading new process roll-outs, maintaining local sales process and CRM hygiene, driving adoption on new initiatives, etc.
- 5+ years experience in Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, Business Operations, Consulting, Finance, or related field. Experience in high-growth technology company is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills: Experience identifying and tracking KPIs to monitor the health of a business or product.
- Strong business intuition: Experience breaking down business problems into the key levers that can be improved.
- Strong project management skills: Experience working cross-functionally to implement change. Effective at prioritizing based on business impact and accountable to deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience influencing senior stakeholders is a plus.
- Salesforce.com and SQL experience is a plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.