Lead Buyer, Accessories at Reformation
Who We Are:
Reformation is a mission based company that is fast-growing and is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Lead Buyer, Accessories
We are seeking a Lead Buyer to oversee the development and execution of our accessories assortment. This individual will be responsible for driving the product strategy forward in current categories and across new business opportunities. To be effective in this role, the right candidate will have a high taste level that truly reflects the Reformation brand.
The Lead Buyer for Accessories will excel at both developing comprehensive and financially sound business strategies and executing against this direction. At Reformation, we strive to build an efficient and dynamic work environment. This individual will identify new and innovative ways to think about buying and product expansion. The right candidate will thrive in a fast paced work environment and will embrace solving complex challenges. As this is a new business for Reformation, this individual will need to be hands-on, scrappy, and detail oriented to ensure success.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and drive all aspects of the business across accessories categories from design through production and channel strategy
- Oversee the buying and development product calendar for accessories
- Identify key trends to ensure the Reformation product assortment remains exciting and current at all times
- Identify and lead new product expansion efforts (e.g., collaborations, internal development, third party)
- Work with merchandising team to understand business performance and build data driven product strategies
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape; understand threats and opportunities across the industry
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and ecommerce team to ensure comprehensive product launches
- Develop deep knowledge of the Reformation customer and products; make recommendations for new styles based on previous and current selling performance
- Work with retail team to integrate customer feedback into future assortment decisions
- Communicate product strategies cross-functionally (e.g., marketing, production, retail)
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of buying experience, accessories a must
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to design and improve business processes
- Ability to deal successfully with complexities of an expanding organization
Who You Are:
- You are a go- getter; you are competitive and have a natural drive to get things done
- You are super smart with strong problem solving skills
- You love product and completely get the Reformation customer
- You are scrappy and can do a lot without extensive resources
- Your colleagues love working with you and your manager loves having you on the team
- You can set targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are a collaborative, hard working, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You don’t understand 9 to 5.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
- You are a proven leader that can manage, influence, and inspire individuals of varied backgrounds
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Fashionista and Business of Fashion