Director, Retail and Event Sales at Inspire
The Director of Retail and Event Sales is responsible for driving member growth through our retail and events channel. They will lead business development initiatives as well as manage a portfolio team of sales and retailer partner relationships and channel managers. This person will help design and shape Inspire’s overall retail and event strategy to deliver against volume and quality objectives. They will work closely with cross functional teams as well including marketing, product, analytics, finance etc.
THE DIRECTOR, RETAIL AND EVENT SALES HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- RETAIL CHANNEL RAPID SCALE STRATEGY & RESULTS: Build highly scalable Retail sales programs by developing strong vendor/staffing strategy, in-store operations, account management, performance, etc. and prepare to own specific programs.
- OPTIMIZE EXISTING PROGRAMS: Evaluate and develop plans to optimize existing retail sales programs, including vendor and retail partner key business terms and performance impacting volume, cost and quality.
- DEVELOP EVENT SALES CHANNEL: Build out the Event model in all markets, venues/event types (e.g. concerts, public attractions, etc.) and scale sales volume.
- OTHER OPPORTUNITIES: Further develop the “vendor sourced locations” channel to maximize sales results, quality, customer targeting/fit, brand, etc. Consult on indirect/cross-sell programs, help with expansion in volume and channels.
- SALES VENDOR PARTNERSHIPS: Source sales partners/vendors as appropriate to drive growth, including negotiating key terms through contract execution.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Grow our current Vendor Sourced Locations and Events channel
- Use a variety of sales operations, partnership development and go-to-market tactics to find success
- Own retail channel business development opportunities and negotiations
- Optimize channel revenue by focusing on lowering the cost per acquisition and selling in higher value markets
- Builder - possesses a sense of urgency about creating revenue opportunities for the business and has the ability to create magic from nothing
- Connected - has built a professional network that can advise, partner and broker opportunities
- Balances Strategy & Execution - understands that a great plan is worthless with poor execution and strikes a balance that delivers strong results on both
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) - first-hand experience in the channels and opportunities that they seek to build
- Must Have
- 8+ years of direct experience developing retail and/or event sales channels in a consumer product/services capacity
- Built and/or managed 5+ unique channels of growth, failed at even more, and has a clear playbook of how to achieve scale
- Deep existing relationships with key vendors, service providers and leaders that can connect to big opportunities
- Nice to Have
- Clean energy and/or smart home experience
- Understanding of third-party direct sales companies