Director, Business Development at Boingo Wireless
Director, Business Development
The Director of Business Development will grow and manage Boingo's partnerships with a wide range of technology providers, hardware vendors (e.g. Nokia, Ericsson, JMA, CommScope, etc.), ecosystem partners (QCOM, Dell, etc.) and software / cloud vendors (e.g. MSFT, AWS, etc.) in order to add value to our portfolio of products (DAS, Wi-Fi, Network Offload, Private Networks). In our newly created Director of Business Development role, your main job will be to leverage Boingo's partners to secure preferred pricing, technology leadership and increased value for our products. The wireless business has experienced significant growth as more and more mobile data is consumed inside airports, stadiums, arenas, office buildings, and hospitals. Boingo is experiencing strong demand for our services, but the market is also dynamic and incredibly competitive; adaptability, agility, and speed to market are essential. We’re looking for a strong individual contributor with a track record of success working across many internal organizations including engineering, marketing, product, legal, finance and sales..
What does the job entail?
- Organize, prospect, qualify and manage a pipeline of potential HW, SW, cloud and technology partners that can enable Boingo to create product differentiation, preferred pricing and technology leadership across multiple technologies (DAS, Wi-Fi and Private Networks) and services;
- (Negotiate, structure, and sign agreements with partners that is beneficial to Boingo’s goals and targets; and
- Develop and manage existing relationships with OEMs, cloud providers, (iv) drive an ecosystem of partners that will offer complimentary products and services to Boingo’s network and solutions.
- 7 to 15+ years of experience in complex, solution deal environment, with proven record in developing large partnerships
- Proven track of working with C-level executives in large companies
- Ability to negotiate and execute contracts by leveraging cross-functional resources
- Capacity to adapt to Boingo's fast-paced and dynamic culture
- Proven track record of communications and people skills
- Possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and self-management driven by results
- Ability to think quickly and analytically (critical thinker)
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time a must
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. We know that our field staff is key to our success, so we work hard to stay connected as a team. We make sure our field teams are included in the things we do at HQ - from live-streaming our quarterly all-hands meetings, to our Halloween Costume contest, to March Madness, and trivia contest. We even provide gift certificates for lunch. We want you to feel a part of everything we do. In addition, Boingo offers an incredible benefits package, including health, dental vision, 401(k) match, equity, unlimited vacation, parental leave, and equity. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA for five years and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.