We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a remarkably driven Demand Associate for our LCL team to help us grow our services, challenge the status quo, and eventually change the way that clients think about shipping. Essentially a startup within Flexport, the LCL team has grown from 3 to 12 people in just 18 months, and that's just the start. Our goal is to reshape how Flexport's clients view their supply chains, and open their eyes to new, more efficient ways of shipping. Excited at the thought of getting in on the ground floor of our team and helping to grow LCL at Flexport to new heights? Then keep reading.
What you’ll do:
Local Hero Responsibilities
- You’ll be a subject matter expert for the LCL team. Know the ins and outs of our service offerings.
- You’ll be the point of escalation for all issues, requests, or questions for our team
- You’ll support and educate many teams on our services, including operations and sales/growth opportunities
- You’ll represent the LCL team as a SME in client facing calls or meetings.
- You’ll support our sales teams with how to best sell our services, by doing things like creating sales material and running training sessions
- You’ll handle demand forecasting and pricing for our services
- You’ll handle bids for very large high-profile accounts
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS Degree
- 2 years of work experience post-grad, preferably in an operations or sales role
- It is crucial for your success to quickly develop an understanding of the intricacies of operations - and be able to take all of that information and turn it into a winning sales pitch
- Excellent communication, social, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable pitching product / service offerings to internal teams and their clients on a regular basis
- The ability to work independently, prioritize your own workload while building lasting relationships with teams across offices
- The confidence to trust your gut, make judgement calls, and get excited by difficult problems
- The ability to understand your audience and adapt demand generating material to best sell our services
Where you’ll work:
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.