WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Business Development Specialist (Digital Marketing) who will be responsible for sourcing new traffic by contacting new websites, publishers, and other vendors to build connections and relationships. This role will contact, negotiate, and close contracts with new traffic sources. This person will work with on-line buying tools, agencies, and sites/publishers to plan, buy and traffic digital media. They will ingest research and data, boil it down to relevant insights, plan the media and then clearly and succinctly communicate the plan to internal executive staff.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Find new traffic for media buys, contacting new websites, email lists, newsletters, and other platforms to help grow company spend levels, reaching out to new ad platforms, networks, and other advertising agencies
- Negotiate new contracts, ad buys, rates, and placements to advertise company brands
- Set up test campaigns with new sources, delegating to direct buy team members
- Analyze web metrics, provide campaign effectiveness reports and perform optimizations when appropriate to improve media performance
- Participate in development and management of effective customer acquisition buys under the supervision of the Marketing Manager and in collaboration with the acquisition marketing team
- Optimize and grow media buys such as budgeting, creative testing and data reporting.
- Stay apprised of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and can advise on new ways to reach targets
- Develop and fosters strong relationships with media partners
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years sales and/or media buying experience preferred
- 1+ years marketing experience, familiarity with acquisition marketing preferred
- Experience with digital advertising platforms preferred
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to close a deal
- Creative ability to find new opportunities that the company is currently not doing business with
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills, comfortable with phone negotiations
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills and ability to relate results to company's business objectives, providing a basis for measurement of the digital marketing activities
- Detail oriented and proficient at managing projects and able to organize, prioritize and structure workload
- Proficiency in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Docs)
- Comfortable with basic image editing using Photoshop
- Openness and ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly
- Passion for the digital media space in health & wellness, personal development, and everything in between preferred
- Creative and artistic sensibilities a plus
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
- Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.