Business Development Officer Senior SBA (Full-Time Remote)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER SENIOR SBA
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Performs business development activities in assigned sales territory. Supports City National Bank ("CNB") network of business units. Analyzes needs of prospects and provides information about Bank products and services that can enhance client's financial position specifically through government guaranteed products. Collaborates with CNB Colleagues with the closing of deals and the implementation of banking services. Interacts with Bank colleagues to discuss prospects/referrals and formulate sales strategies. Documents all calling activity and provides reports to management as necessary.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
What you will do
- Performs external prospect development activities in assigned territory. Develops relationships with prospects to increase overall level of business done by office or region.
- Ability to review, structure, process and fulfill complex transactions.
- Calls on prospective clients within the framework of a business development program including identification of prospects, suitable method of contact and determination of their needs and appropriate products/services.
- Cultivates referral sources through contacts within the Bank and in the community through involvement in civic activities, philanthropic organizations and community sponsored programs to obtain new business prospects and referrals.
- Builds and develops prospects into clients; discusses and cross sells appropriate products/services specifically in Government Lending products.
- Achieves specific business development goals; establishes account information, tracks and documents sales activities and maintains call reports.
- Works with management to plan business development opportunities. Maintains limited personal contact with new clients and collaborates with relationship managers and other CNB Colleagues with the sales and implementation of banking services. Passes off prospects to Relationship Managers and CNB Colleagues after the deal is closed. Remains alert to clients' needs in order to makes appropriate referrals to other departments as they arise.
- Interacts with Bank colleagues to discuss prospects/referrals and formulates sales strategies. Makes ongoing calls to develop referral sources and obtain new business development opportunities.
- Assists in training of CNB Colleagues with Small Business Administration ("SBA") and other Government Guaranteed products.
- Continues to raise awareness of SBA/ Government Guaranteed products throughout the Bank.
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Complies fully with all bank risk management, operational and credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, City National Code of Conduct, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SBA environment required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a direct sales environment required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
Skills and Knowledge
- Prefer Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous underwriting experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Bank asset and liability products.
- Thorough understanding of banking services.
- General understanding of the commercial credit underwriting process.
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated sales skills.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.'
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.