Vice President, People & Culture
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for an inspiring Vice President, People & Culture. This role will lead our people function, develop and execute human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The areas included are talent acquisition, succession planning, performance management, training and development, total rewards, employee relations, culture and engagement, org structure, HR ops and much more. The VP, People & Culture will provide strategic leadership by articulating employee needs and plans to the executive management team.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Effectively communicate and support the company’s culture, mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business goals.
- Hold an essential position within the executive team and function as a strategic business partner to executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Develop employee policies that comply with applicable law and that align with Company’s culture
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Lead HR functions for multiple locations with solid understanding of multiple state laws and regulations, leading consistency and best practices throughout our different divisions.
- This position requires up to 25% travel.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 15+ years in People/HR roles; 7+ of direct management
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred. Preferred areas of focus include Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Psychology.
- HR certifications such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or others are preferred
- Experience with distributed teams, multiple offices and experience from working in a large size organization
- Experience in scaling a fast growing organization.
- Critical Evaluation skills
- Strong ethical standards, integrity, credibility and character
- Great Leadership skills
- Able to be discreet with confidential/sensitive information
- HR expertise and strong knowledge of Employment Laws, Compliance, and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and incisive ability to manage employee communications and relations, conflict management, team-building and coaching, and ability to guide people through change
- Expertise in designing and running employee engagement programs and surveys; Can turn people data and insights into actions that drive continuous improvement for employee programs
- Can build trust and successfully collaborate cross-functionally with department heads, getting stakeholder buy-in and adding value through quality advice, counsel and insights
- Empathetic and open-minded with a high level of emotional intelligence
- An inspiring leader that's passionate about the impact of people, yet business-minded and results oriented
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.