Sr. Payroll Specialist at ServiceTitan
Ready to be a Titan?
ServiceTitan is seeking a Sr. Payroll Specialist to join our dynamic late stage startup in Glendale, CA. Our ideal candidate will be a passionate, hard-working payroll professional with proven technical skills, strong payroll & Workday experience.
What You'll Do:
- Process full payroll cycle (e.g., day to day operations, regular bi-weekly, off-cycle payroll process for multi-states US & Canada Payroll, etc.)
- Prepare payroll validation & reconciliation
- Payroll close and Month over Month data analysis
- Review & process timekeeping records
- Prepare custom reports following each pay period
- Prepare all termination and manual checks
- Manage garnishment(s) procedures
- Partner with HR for people data, compliance updates and reporting
- Other various duties which assist the accounting/finance group can also be assigned
What You'll Bring:
- Have 5+ years of payroll experience
- Proficient with Workday including report generations, Excel and Google Docs
- Have worked with a payroll size of 1000+ employees
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment and work independently and efficiently under pressure and meet the deadline
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented, strong focus on data accuracy, high sense of urgency, and a strong work ethic
- Strong customer orientation with excellent verbal and written communication skills to partner and build collaborative working relationships
- Familiar with the Payroll Accounting process
- Perform analysis of Payroll issues
- A minimum of 3+ years of end to end Workday experience, most recently in a Senior Payroll, SME level, preferably with a large payroll greater than 750 employees US and international.
- Knowledge of the payroll function including, but not limited to, payroll interface, section 125, payroll processing, tax compliance, time and attendance, and accounting general ledger
- Effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources
Take ownership for resolving issues that arise and use the experience as an opportunity for the collective team
- Workday HCM / Payroll
- Workday Payroll, Absence and/or Time Tracking experience
- Multi state tax knowledge
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise best practice
- Think analytically and can effectively apply logic to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and can clearly articulate complex messages and requirements.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.