Sr. HR Business Partner Manager
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most — our customers. We’re growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Bolt, the fulfillment division of Golden Hippo, is looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner Manager for our fulfillment center in Chatsworth, CA. This role will advise business unit leaders on employee relations issues, performance management, company policies and procedures, and all other areas of human resources. They will align business objectives with the delivery of Human Resources services for his/her respective line of business and work strategically with organizational leadership to driving employee engagement, while fostering a culture aligned with Golden Bolt’s values.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Bolt you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Bolt is more than just a job. It’s the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Acts as a single point of the contact for all HR related matters for assigned business groups. Builds strong relationships with business leaders, management, and employees.
- Supports and manages HR initiatives, programs, and processes. Partners with business leadership to assess business needs and bring best solutions for equitable outcomes.
- Works closely with business leadership on performance feedback, including coaching, counseling, and terminations.
- Leverages the expertise of the HR Specialist Teams (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organizational Development) to implement initiatives.
- Manages complex and difficult employee relations issues and conflict resolution.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to source and recruit talent for key leadership positions and to develop strategies for front-line roles.
- Takes the lead on performance management and succession planning.
- Conducts comprehensive investigations and responds to complaints in collaboration with legal; makes recommendations for resolutions and documents findings.
- Analyzes and executes organization restructures, reorganizations, and reductions avoiding exposure.
- Stays well informed on a Federal/State/Local employment laws.
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly preferred
- Travel required up to 25%
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in an HRBP or Sr. HR Manager role
- 5+ years management experience, including leading teams in multiple locations
- 5+ years’ experience providing HR support for non-exempt workforce, such as in a call center or warehouse environment
- 5+ years working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, change management, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, prioritizing, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion) and planning skills.
- Significant experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Experience proactively consulting with employees and leaders on a variety of HR and organizational topics at all levels of the organization. Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation and reasoning).
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must act with the highest level of confidentiality, business ethics and personal integrity.
- Must have sound judgment and the ability to make clear grounded decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and focus on continuous improvement or practices and programs
- Possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
- Possess a sense of urgency to the creation and completion of projects and solutions
- Brings an enthusiastic, positive and energetic approach to delivering client solutions
- Proficient knowledge of Federal/State Labor Laws
- Experience in organizational design and restructures a plus.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo