Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Greater LA Area
We’re seeking an experienced HR payroll and benefits administrator to bring first-class payroll and benefits administration processes to our team at SimplePractice. The less time our customer-facing teams spend thinking about things like timecards, tracking sick days, or compiling offer letters the more time they can spend serving customers.
This role will work closely with our Financial Controller and our COO. We’ll first look to you to become our in-house ADP payroll expert. After mastering our payroll system and earning ownership of it, your responsibilities will expand to more aspects of benefits administration and HR process implementation and optimization. Demonstrate great work, great judgement, and adapt to our unique and high functioning culture that emphasizes personal ownership and you’ll quickly earn a tremendous amount of responsibility, autonomy, and professional opportunity.
*This HR role will not be involved in cultural initiatives, conflict resolution, or employee career development.*
- Support our controller in processing payroll
- Manage and optimize our EaseCentral benefits enrollment system
- Manage and optimize the process of sending offer letters and onboarding new employees
- Manage and optimize the process of employee separations
- Support our controller with 401K administration
- Own our ADP system: keep it up to date, handle reporting, answer employee questions, manage compliance, and optimize it
- Review employee time cards and handle adjustments
- Maintain and pro-actively update our employee handbook
- Stay up to date with Federal and California labor law changes to act as our in-house subject matter expert
- Take ownership of the payroll and benefits information on our internal wiki to make sure HR processes are documented and communicated effectively
- Serve as a point of contact for all team members to help them navigate all aspects of payroll and benefits.
- Take ownership of maintaining and improving our filing system for contractor and vendor agreements
- Maintain and optimize a central repository of contract templates
- Support our leadership team in expense reporting
- Manage and optimize the internal HR processes of HIPAA training and compliance.
- Support hiring managers by managing and optimizing our internal hiring software tools and processes.
- 3+ years of experience in payroll and benefit management
- 1+ years of proven, in-house experience processing payroll
- Solid knowledge of California labor laws
- Experience with HR database, payroll, and knowledge management systems (e.g. ADP, Ease Central, internal wiki)
- Experience working with HIPAA requirements is a plus
Read Full Job Description