Payroll Administrator at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Payroll Administrator who will execute the day to day administration of all Payroll related functions as well as partner and work closely with the Payroll Manager to oversee the entire payroll process.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Administer biweekly, multi-state payroll for salary and hourly, full time, and part time employees using Paycom.
- Work with Human Resources regarding new hires, termination and benefit deductions, submitting documents timely and accurately within our HRIS.
- Respond timely to payroll issues and/or questions. Assist Program and Operation Managers, and HR with payroll issues.
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as new hire packets, timecards, termination..etc.
- Manage and coordinate administration of garnishments, support payments, and other required withholdings.
- Work alongside the Benefits Administrator to administer employee benefits and answer employee related questions.
- Maintain HR personnel files.
- Keep informed of industry trends and new developments.
- Assist the payroll and Benefits manager with day-to-day operations as well as special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and stay up to speed with appropriate laws and regulations related to benefits.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 2-3+ years Payroll processing experience.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local employment regulations
- Ability to communicate with individuals to provide information, explains procedures and obtain completed and accurate documentation.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong customer-service orientation with good follow-through
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite including Excel and Word.
- Excellent problem solving skills
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo