Learning & Development Manager at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Learning & Development Manager who will be responsible for supporting and leading the ongoing professional growth of the Golden Hippo team. Look at the company’s ever-growing talent base and ensure effective training programs are continuous; from bringing new employees on board to building competencies across the company.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Help define strategy for and provide input into vision for the overall employee training and development initiatives with the goals of improving overall individual and company performance, developing skills and competencies, and further developing careers.
- Assist in the development of annual and quarterly roadmaps for training and development.
- Support the organization's internal learning and development function including (though not limited to): new employee orientation, new manager training, compliance training, leadership development, and coaching of leaders and individual-contributors.
- Establish consistent and scalable content/programs with data-based success measures. Continuously report on progress and use data to continuously launch new and drive improvements for existing programs.
- Create and facilitate learning and development content using all delivery mediums, including: in-person and or virtual training, e-learning, and on-the-job training.
- Manage the company’s internal resources, including the Learning Management System (LMS) and other company resources.
- Partner with the Director, Learning and Development, HR and leaders across the organization to continue to develop the company’s talent via development and facilitation of competency modeling and career pathing, talent assessments and succession planning, and performance and promotions process management.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree required, but Masters in Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, or Human Resources is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Training, Leadership Development, Talent Development/Talent Management, Organizational Development or related field
- Experience with group facilitation, LMS management, and instructional design and adult learning principles
- Able to strategize resulting in positive, impactful business results; Business Acumen
- Advanced communication skills: written, verbal (including small and large group facilitation)
- Able to meet commitments and support change while working independently and staying focused on deadlines
- Strong project management; from planning through execution of projects
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with the following systems:
- G-Suite: Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Slides
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 202018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.