Procore is looking for our Head of Compensation to join Procore’s Global Talent Organization as a strategic leader and advisor. Procore’s Compensation team focuses on developing innovative market competitive solutions aligning pay with performance.
As our Head of Compensation, you’ll oversee base and total cash compensation programs, stock-based compensation plans, job evaluation, and performance management processes. Partnering directly with senior business and Talent leaders, you’ll lead the development and execution of compensation initiatives that attract, retain, and motivate top talent. If you’re ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and deliver exceptional solutions, consider joining us!
This position reports to our VP, Total Rewards and can be based remotely in the US with occasional travel to our largest hub offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive strategic alignment on compensation philosophy and strategy for broad-based global compensation, tying in with the broader Total Rewards philosophy and strategy
- Direct the evaluation, development, and implementation of compensation policies and programs that support the organization’s business strategy
- Lead the implementation of compensation policies and programs by serving as a lead subject matter expert on compensation-related issues
- Drive a global compensation survey strategy and approach that delivers consistent market pricing that is also reflecting region/country-specific context
- Oversee efforts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and direct appropriate courses of action
- Interact with internal customers on compensation needs and interpretation and implementation of corporate compensation policies and programs to sustain employee motivation, retention and on the risks of unintended consequences of inappropriate programs
- Ensures team's ability to provide effective and robust analytics and strategic support to Talent partners and business
- Manage outside consultants for compensation-related initiatives such as developing tailored programs or ongoing program initiatives (e.g., pay parity) adhering to the budget
- Provide compensation subject matter expertise in enterprise initiatives, including M&A, cost reduction, new market expansion, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 12+ years of sales compensation design experience, with 2+ year in a SaaS company with a recurring revenue business model
- Hands-on leader with demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to analyze data and create meaningful, understandable insights and metrics
- Excellent skills in both mathematical and comparative analysis
- Knowledge of compensation policies and programs and associated compliance issues
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders at the senior level in the organization
- Excellent project management, organizational, and follow-up skills necessary to prioritize and complete multiple projects and tasks and effectively handle short notice assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate conclusions, and present conclusions regarding complex business issues
- Experience working in matrixed environments with multiple stakeholders and global nuance
- Proficient in Excel, specifically using formulas, charting, and advanced spreadsheet management skills
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; ability to generate concise presentation decks to communicate various compensation-related information
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.