Global Learning & Organizational Development Director
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Global Learning & Organizational Development Director to support the company’s strategic objectives through the continued development, delivery, and evaluation of leadership development, staff development, education, and other results-driven training programs for the entire workforce (front-line staff to senior leadership). This role is accountable for overall program strategy and results, as well as leadership of the Learning & Development (L&D) team.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Building Organizational Capabilities for Business Results
- Strategically build learning and development programs aligned with Golden Hippo’s objectives, with measurable ROI.
- Drive maximum utilization of learning content through strategic curriculum planning, integration with communication and effective delivery methods that strengthen individual and organizational capabilities and competencies.
- Source relevant, modern content from external partners creating programs with a blended learning approach. Assess, select and manage external vendors.
- Ensure learning culture inclusive of a diverse audience and balances corporate objectives with regional business needs.
- Partner with Marketing and Talent Acquisition teams to build and implement Employer Branding and Employee Value Proposition strategies.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to strengthen engagement, aligning with Golden Hippo’s culture.
- Leadership Development
- Develop strategy and implementation plans to assess and address current and future gaps in management and leadership capabilities based on short- and long-term business needs.
- Develop and lead the strategy, planning, and execution for all leadership and management development programs and experiences across Golden Hippo sites.
- In partnership with CHRO, develop and implement executive development strategies.
- Technology Enablement
- Maximize the utilization of a Learning Management System (LMS) in the delivery, compliance and reporting of learning and development activities.
- Find innovative ways to reinforce learning and development opportunities through technology that meets employees where they are.
- Team Leadership
- Provide strategic leadership, development, mentoring and coaching for the L&D team.
- Participate as an active member of Golden Hippo’s HR Leadership team.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, OD, or related field, Master's Degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Ten or more years’ leadership experience in education and training, coaching and talent development programs, preferably in a multi-site, matrixed and diverse environment.
- Experience consulting with business leaders, including C-Suite.
- Demonstrated ability designing and delivering training for front-line, managerial and executive audiences.
- Success working in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in instructional design and training development. Solid and current understanding of relevant adult learning theories.
- Success managing multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Formal training in coaching, team leading, facilitation and group dynamics desirable.
- Strong personal leadership, organizational, relationship-building, and negotiation skills.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and driving toward solutions.
- Possess strong content writing ability, creativity, attention to detail and excellent proofing and editing skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills. Presents ideas, expectations, and information in a concise and well-organized manner.
- Responsive to changes in overall business strategy and open to exploring new or alternative opportunities. Able to serve as change agent.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo