We’re seeking a Human Resources Director to build out the HR function for SimplePractice. You’ll oversee and carry out all aspects of HR with the support of a lean team. This role will be responsible for all policies and compliance across all five states where we operate with 150 employees and contractors. You will support employees and managers to make sure HR policies and procedures are clearly understood and easy to follow.
You’ll also identify and prioritize organizational development programs that will be the most impactful at our current stage of growth. You’ll do this by digging in to deeply learn our company, product, team, market, and very intentional company culture. This learning will give you the context you need to adapt organizational development programs to the specific needs of our team.
To get started, you’ll manage our Payroll and Benefits Manager as a department of two and build out a lean team. You’ll work closely with our CEO and leadership team to ensure that our high-performing culture of accountability and direct communication remains the underpinning of our team as we grow.
- Develop and/or make recommendations for improvement of HR goals, policies, processes and systems to support the company’s culture and business objectives
- Ensure policies, procedures, resources and reporting are current and in compliance with all federal, state and local laws across multiple states
- Provide proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive work environment
- Maintain a human resources information system (e.g., ADP Workforce Now) that meets Company personnel information needs
- Take ownership of our hiring roadmap and forecasting
- Coordinate/Facilitate our new employee onboarding/orientation process
- Assess HR department team needs and build a lean team
- Manage our Payroll and Benefits Manager and incorporate the payroll and benefits functions into the overall HR department and strategy
- Take ownership of compensation strategy (initially pay bands and leveling) as well as day-to-day compensation work for hiring and promotions
- Manage employee and contractor visas
- Take ownership of eNPS and culture audit administration, analysis, and reporting
- Assist management with coordinating employee training and professional development programs
- Develop and manage policies related to COVID-19
- Carry out all policy and HIPAA trainings
- Assist management in the performance evaluation process (goal setting, career coaching, performance feedback) and revise process as needed
- Provide counsel and guidance to managers on grievance, disciplinary, and performance issues. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees
- Conduct investigations into employee complaints and act accordingly to provide resolution
- Consult with external legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters
- With time and earned responsibility, take accountability for recruiting
- Performs additional related duties as required and assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Thorough knowledge of human resources principles, compliance, industry practices, and legal requirements related to human resources policies and practices.
- HR experience in multi-state, high growth small-mid size company in the technology or healthcare sector
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands on a daily basis. Comfortable being adaptable and flexible to achieve both HR and business objectives
- Experience working with 3rd party HR system (e.g., ADP) and other 3rd party vendors
- Experience working with HIPAA requirements is a plus
- HR certification (SHRM, PHR or SPHR) is a plus
Read Full Job Description