Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Bilingual HR Assistant who will be responsible for supports the day-to-day operations and provides comprehensive support to the daily operation of the Human Resources department in areas including, but not limited to, payroll processing, HRIS updates, benefits, onboarding, and HR administration.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Serve as a contact for employees and answer questions regarding HR programs, benefits, payroll, policies, resources, and procedures, being mindful of offering excellent customer service.
- Partner with HR Manager and the HR team to prepare and process employment changes for staff related to events such as hiring, onboarding, termination, leaves, transfers, promotions, title, or reporting changes, and/or other compensation changes.
- Collaborate with HR leaders to plan for, deploy, and ensure compliance with cyclical employee programs (performance management, bonus awards, talent reviews, training, etc.).
- Act as a resource to employees throughout the employee lifecycle from on-boarding to termination.
- Acting as the daily HRIS ninja, carefully review and process entries, as well as producing reporting data around new hires, internal mobility, turnover, and retention. Help prepare data for presentations.
- Supports recruiting efforts where needed. i.e. screens resumes, schedules interviews and supports the administration of temporary employees and invoice reconciliation.
- Facilitate new hire on-boarding process as needed, covering periodically for teammates.
- Proactively communicate helpful resources to management and staff.
- Maintain employee electronic files and HR records; Regularly audit I-9 documents.
- Responsible for tracking successful new hire benefit enrollment and document submission and offering the benefits team additional support as needed.
- Provide back-up coverage to front office receptionist.
- Assist Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner with special projects as assigned.
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- 2-3 years previous HR administration or coordination experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- HRIS experience preferred
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, somewhat unstructured, service-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion, be resourceful, proactive, along with the ability to
prioritize and multi-task in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrates a collaborative and helpful attitude and customer-service orientation; shows team spirit
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees with a thoughtful and sensitive approach
- Able to handle a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity regarding employee information
- Ability to be agile, adapt, navigate, and embrace change
- Proficiency using Google suite is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, professionalism, and consulting skills
- High level of attention to details and accuracy, with strong and reliable follow-through
- Well organized and able to prioritize responsibly
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote