Treasury & Tax Manager
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Tax Manager who has the desire to expand their skill sets to include Treasury Management. This person will work in collaboration with our external CPAs on all things tax related but will also have the opportunity to learn all things treasury and assist in all matters related to Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Manage and maintain compliance of all company tax requirements.
- Manage, review and coordinate the preparation of all foreign and domestic income tax returns, extensions, quarterly estimates and quarterly tax provision.
- Track and reconcile federal and state income tax refunds, payments, credits and carryforwards for the business.
- Coordinate and review sales tax returns prepared by outside consultants, ensure timely filing, reconcile and accrue accounts at month-end.
- Prepare year end provision and accrual analysis.
- Assist in preparation of corporate income tax returns.
- Manage sales, local and property tax processes.
- Manage tax related audits.
- Investigate and resolve any tax notifications as needed.
- Tax accounts reconciliations to ensure financial statements are accurate.
- Assist with business license registrations, obtaining seller’s permits and annual report filings.
- Manage banking (commercial and merchant) and lender relationships.
- Cash and Credit facilities.
- Daily cash reporting; Short- and Long-term cash forecasting and reporting.
- Assist with debt planning and liquidity management.
- Manage interest rate swaps.
- Point person administrating banking platforms, set up and on-going.
- Analyzing bank fees and implementing banking-related changes as needed.
- Deposit verification.
- Review and approve EFT templates and payments.
- Manage insurance renewals.
- ESOP - Assist in all matters related to Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Assist with the annual audit of the Company’s financial statements.
- Drive efficiencies and process improvements
- ad-hoc analysis and duties.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Minimum of a 4 year accounting, finance or business administration degree.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting, tax, finance or related work experience.
- Public accounting experience preferred
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar designation is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and creation of impactful efficiencies.
- Able to work independently and take initiative.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and project management skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate issues with non-treasury internal customers and senior management.
- Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo