Who we are.
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent.
We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting and video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for an Treasury Analyst who will act in a support capacity for Treasury Operations in carrying out a variety of corporate finance and treasury initiatives. The role will also work closely with the Treasury Manager within the business units and will be required to meet strict internal and external timelines. This person will assist the Finance department with managing the day to day responsibilities on all banking, reporting and vendor related matters.
Why you should work with us.
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
What your day will look like.
- Prepare daily cash flow report from previous day banking activity
- Update revenue and media spend reports daily
- Prepare variance analysis on media spend to ensure totals are updated in a timely fashion
- Review and approve ACH & Wire templates entered by AP against EFT instructions
- Review banking instructions and approve vendor setup, including User Groups and Affiliates
- Assist with issuance of virtual credit cards in accordance with company policy & procedures
- Monitor credit card limits and provide analysis on spending trends
- Prepare weekly & monthly cash forecast and provide analysis on cash flow trends
- Compare analytics between cashflow and financial statements
- Assist with bank reporting duties including gathering monthly statements & ad-hoc reporting
- Assist with coordination of tax payments and record keeping
- Backup support for Treasury Manager
- Provide reporting for Inter-company Cash Transfers and funding requirements
- Assist with maintaining tax schedules
- Assist with Merchant account management including customer disputes & chargebacks
The best candidates will have.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required
- CTP - Certified Treasury Professional designation preferred
- 3-5+ years experience in Treasury, Banking or Accounting with demonstrated experience in cash management required
- Solid understanding of finance, accounting, economics, and statistics required
- Strong analytical skills and advanced computer skills including MS office products and specifically Excel required
- Experience with G-Suite, Adobe, and banking modules required
- Experience with Oracle NeSuite preferred
- Strong understanding of bank reporting
- Ability to create Ad-hoc reports
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume department
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and Word
- Extensive debit & credit knowledge to assist in decision-making responsibilities
- Ability to be both fast and accurate
- Ability to learn and follow procedures quickly and accurately
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Proactive with problem resolution
- Customer Service oriented
- Detail oriented, well organized, team player
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 202018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.