ServiceTitan is seeking an ambitious, motivated Senior Revenue Accountant to join our Accounting team in one of the fastest growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space. The position is responsible for overseeing daily revenue operation functions.
If you are humble, hard-working, and passionate about making a difference in our Accounting team, and want to have a real, immediate impact on our firm, ServiceTitan wants to be your platform for achieving the extraordinary.
As our Senior Revenue Accountant, you will:
- Determine appropriate treatment for US GAAP revenue recognition under ASC 606 by reviewing contracts, validating proper recognition in financial systems, drafting memos, and providing input to sales, revenue operations, and finance, as needed
- Perform monthly and annual close activities which include analyzing accounts on a customer-level, preparing revenue journal entries, documenting and performing impact analysis over contract amendments and modifications, performing account reconciliations and flux analyses, and resolving issues as needed
- Assisting with analysis on deferred revenue including deferred revenue rollforward, contract assets/liability rollforward, and calculation of the short term/long term classifications.
- Assist with reporting for non-standard contract arrangements.
- Assist with special projects in order to continuously improve process and automation ts, including implementation of new ERP and billing software, and working with Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting to build reporting from adjacent systems (Salesforce, CPQ, ServiceTitan platform, etc.),
- Create and enforce best practices for order-to-cash processes to enhance internal controls and process efficiencies. This may include pricing, contracting, collections, cancellations, credit checks, credit memos, and billing, among other things
- Liaise with external auditors, including performing walkthroughs, responding to audit requests related to revenue
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting and Corporate Controller
To be successful, you'll need:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience; CPA preferred
- 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred
- Proficient understanding of accounting theory (e.g. GAAP) and revenue recognition for SaaS and software companies preferred
- Experience with revenue and deferred revenue reconciliations and journal entries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and sales-reporting tools (including Salesforce, CPQs, etc).
- Experience with ERP Systems, especially in Intacct and/or Workday is a plus
- Experience at a publicly-traded company (including audit experience at a publicly-traded company) or experience in a successful IPO is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan
http://instagram.com/lifeatservicetitan | https://www.themuse.com/profiles/servicetitan | https://www.builtinla.com/company/servicetitan-inc