Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be working closely with our VP, Controller to provide data driven analysis and recommendations to help drive the evolution of the business budgets and forecasts. This position offers a unique point of view, working very closely with leadership and cross functionally within the company. This position will lead the planning process by preparing financial forecasts and reviewing actual results to drive insights and action. A successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and demonstrate the ability to effectively manage financial responsibilities to all business and financial partners they support.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Design, develop, implement, and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and analysis in high growth business
- Provide insightful analyses, reports, and presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior executives to influence decision-making
- Lead your finance responsibilities while participating as a stakeholder in cross functional teams
- Developing long and short-term financial plans
- Driving cross-business analytic projects for the business team with financial modeling, data mining, and presentation support
- Leading ad hoc financial analyses and root cause investigation
- Managing the reporting on weekly financials and operational performance metrics
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, including as a manager, driving projects independently to completion from start to finish.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling skills
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Must be able to adapt and embrace new tasks independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer focus and professional demeanor
- Strong track record of business partnership
- Experience and ability to work with NetSuite, WMS systems, Tableau and more
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo