We're looking for a driven Senior Credit Lead to help manage Flexport’s credit granting process to support our growth, and reduce bad debt losses. As a Senior Credit Lead, you will be responsible for evaluating creditworthiness of new and existing customers, creating credit scoring models, approving and structuring credit terms, negotiating collections and workouts, and owning the credit performance on Flexport’s balance sheet. You will also be a critical stakeholder to help us drive the growth of our SMB lending platform Flexport Capital.
A successful Credit Lead should be able to optimize between risk and rewards, and keep focus on the big picture. The person must be able to work and drive change across a matrixed organization, and must be excited to roll up their sleeves and fill the gap where needed, while being bold enough to initiate change and have the candor to speak their minds to help drive strong business results and foster innovation.
If you’re excited about driving measurable and impactful change, and becoming the cornerstone of a fast growing organization, keep reading!You will:
- Lead the Credit team and own the credit underwriting and collection functions and results
- Directly manage high exposure/visibility credit underwriting and collections cases
- Build the next generation credit scoring models, credit monitoring processes, and collections capabilities to improve operating results
- Drive close alignment with business GMs to refine the Flexport Credit Policy in response to changing market conditions
- Provide guidance and counsel to junior members of the Credit team, and upskill the team’s abilities and capabilities
- 3-5 year of experience in a credit granting or collections function (experiences at a financial services company is a plus)
- Minimum 1-2 years managing people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with D&B and other commercial credit bureaus
- Experience in collections and workouts is a plus
- Experience in data analytics (i.e. SQL) is a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.