Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Senior Accountant. This role will be a part of our great accounting team and work together with key stakeholders throughout the company. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for day to day accounting duties such as sales tax reporting, closing the books for fixed assets, preparing accurate reconciliations, etc.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Maintain accuracy of revenue recognition, returns/charge backs, customer credits and sale tax.
- Monthly Sales Tax for multi-state environment.
- Manage inter company accounts and associated reconciliations
- Fixed Assets and Prepaid Expenses
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation.
- Account Reconciliations and Monitoring, including Variance analysis.
- Assist in the coordination and completion of annual audits and governmental/regulatory audits and misc. tax returns.
- Assist in the development and improvement of workflows.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in accounting, audit or tax.
- Direct-Response / E-commerce experience preferred, but not essential if you are a fast learner!
- ERP System Experience, such as Oracle or NetSuite is a plus.
- CPA preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency and keep to deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills including knowledge of US GAAP.
- Day to Day Excel Skills: V/H Lookup, Pivots, and other formulas.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong Attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Solid team player
- Strong work ethic
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment, with minimal supervision.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.