FIGS is seeking a Manager of Strategic Finance to join the finance team. The Manager of Strategic Finance will report directly to the VP of Finance and Strategy and work closely with multiple teams, including finance, accounting, data science, product and operations. This is a cross-functional role, so this person must enjoy working with other teams. The ideal candidate has earned their chops in investment banking or management consulting and ideally has a couple years of FP&A experience at a company. This person enjoys modeling and big data sets, but they also like thinking about process improvements and other ways to make a business more efficient.
What you'll do:
- Manage our three statement and operational cash forecast: updating, improving, iterating
- Run the departmental budget process
- Work with data science and other departments to build out our data insights function
- Work cross-functionally to deliver analytical insights across the organization
- Work with the VP of Finance and accounting team on strategic process improvements and systems implementation
- Special projects and ad hoc analyses to evaluate opportunities
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or something similar
- 1-3 years of experience in FP&A, BI or Strategy at a company
- Excel mastery and familiarity with google sheets
- E-commerce, consumer products or retail experience, a plus
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude, proven work ethic and integrity
- A strong command of finance and an analytical mindset; we’re numbers people first
- Someone who can take a task from 0 to 100 without a lot of direction; make it happen
- An interest and curiosity about e-commerce business drivers; go beyond the numbers and understand the business
- An unrelenting attention to detail; you hate making mistakes
A little bit about us…
The $50 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Core Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.
Read Full Job Description