Inventory Accounting Manager
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for Inventory Accounting Manager to join our Woodland Hills team. Recently voted one of the best places to work in LA, we are a fast growing, online direct-to-consumer marketing organization, with about 900 employees in four different locations.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Excellent working knowledge of Accounting for Inventory, and solid understanding of GAAP.
- Responsible for Month End Inventory reconciliations and Journal Entries.
- Analysis of drivers relating to product profitability, overhead, channels, etc.
- Manage inventory observations and monitor cycle counts on a reoccurring basis.
- Excess and Obsolete Inventory Reserves.
- Proactively identify problems, strategize and drive solutions with cross-functional teams.
- Help minimize Inventory write-offs.
- Provide support to external auditors as needed.
- Assistance with General Accounting and Month End Close activities.
- Inventory & COGS budget and forecast.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- B.A. in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar.
- 5+ years of Inventory Accounting Experience
- Work Experience with ERP systems. Implementation experience of GL and WMS is a plus. NetSuite and High Jump experience is a plus.
- Experience working in Distribution centers environments.
- Large company experience ($500M+), working with a large ERP & WMS system, high transaction volume environment.
- Experience working with Bill of Materials, FIFO, Average Cost, etc.
- Experienced with best practices for inventory tracking and management.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Roll up the sleeve attitude.
- Ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with all level.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Month end close for inventory and having a good understanding of how inventory works in a distribution center.
- Gross Margin Analysis for a multi-entity, channel, region and product mix environment.
- Prior experience identifying problems and driving solutions with cross-functional teams.
- CMA or CPA is a plus
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo