Golden Hippo is looking for a Cost Accountant to join our Woodland Hills team. Recently voted one of the best places to work in LA, we are a fast growing, online direct-to-consumer marketing organization, with over 900 employees in four different locations.
- Prepares and reviews various daily operating metrics to monitor business performance.
- Excellent working knowledge of Accounting for Inventory, and solid understanding of GAAP.
- Responsible for Month End Inventory reconciliations and Journal Entries.
- Product Costing, overhead, mark up and gross profit analysis.
- Inventory & COGS budget and forecast.
- Manage inventory observations and monitor cycle counts on a reoccurring basis.
- Calculate Inventory Reserves and help reduce Inventory write-offs.
- Prepare bill of material and costing reports. Compare actual costs to BOMs.
- Review Invoices for Freight and Inventory.
- Analysis, such as Variance analysis (raw materials, finished goods), Margins, Trends, etc.
- Assistance with General Accounting and Month End Close activities.
- Provide support to external auditors as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Cost Accounting experience: 3-4 years.
- Education: B.A. in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar.
- CMA or CPA is a plus.
- Work Experience with ERP systems. Implementation experience for GL and WMS is a plus.
- Experience with Bill of Materials, Standard Cost, FIFO, Average Cost, etc.
- Experience working for Manufacturing and Distribution centers environments.
- Accounting liaison with Operations department and warehouse.
- Experienced with best practices for inventory tracking and management.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Roll up the sleeve attitude.
- Ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with all level.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to progress and further advance career with new internal opportunities.
- Competitive salary (DOE).
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life), matching 401k.
- Opportunity for monthly team bonuses.
- Full gourmet kitchen.
- In-office Crossfit gym with professional coaches.
- Yoga and meditation breaks.
- Casual, “no dress code” atmosphere and an open office space.
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team.
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases.
Golden Hippo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.