Corporate Controller at FIGS
FIGS is seeking a Corporate Controller to lead the accounting team. As FIGS’ Corporate Controller, you will oversee all aspects of the accounting organization, including month end close procedures, quarterly reviews and annual audits, tax, compliance and internal controls. You will also be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and management to FIGS’ accounting team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Establishing and maintaining financial controls with the accounting department.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff. Leadership and development of the accounting team.
What it takes to succeed in this role:
- No ego, lead with humility.
- An unrelenting attention to detail; you hate making mistakes.
- Ability to work effectively in high-growth business; must be hands-on with a high bar on analytical horsepower.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA in finance, accounting or other related field.
- CPA required.
- 10+ years of finance and accounting experience – public accounting and SEC experience required.
- Must have previous experience as a controller, ideally for a publicly traded company.
- Capital markets experience preferred.
- Proficiency in SEC regulations and reporting requirements.
- Outstanding knowledge of US GAAP accounting rules.
- Deep knowledge of accounting for taxes and working with income and sales tax matters.
- Experience developing and implementing financial management systems.
- Experience with Treasury operations preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.