Hello, we're PickTrace
PickTrace offers workforce & harvest management solutions for enterprise farms. We're building the agricultural management system of the future, with unparalleled user empathy in an industry underserved by tech. Our SaaS product serves the world's largest berry, citrus, and apple growers and is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Why Work with Us?
We are building a company with meaningful purpose, exceptional talent, and world-class standards. Our close-knit team is committed to employee growth, collaboration and transparency, excellence in our work, and deep empathy for our users. Our product has a unique impact in a massive industry that is vital to feeding our society and our planet.
An Insider's view of PickTrace
What's something quirky about your company?
At PickTrace, we all have fruit/veg alter-egos (I'm a sweet potato!). Every day, we eat lunch together at a community table where there's always a bowl of fresh fruit featuring produce from our clients! If you think we're a little ag-obsessed, you're not wrong...
What does your typical day look like?
I teach people who work on farms how to use cool high-tech software that keeps track of the fruit they pick and the hard work they are doing. Some days I teach field workers how to use our mobile devices in Spanish! Other days, I'm on video call with farm managers and executives, helping them understand the valuable operational data we provide.
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
At PickTrace, we drive the concepts, the process, everything. We’re deciding on infrastructure while also building the business-focused logic. As an engineer, dealing with both expands my knowledge horizontally and also my technical skill set. The last time I implemented a TCP server was in college; now I get to do it from the ground up. Exciting!
Senior Software Engineer
What is your vision for the company?
Our vision is to become the technology platform empowering produce farms all over the world. Our simple, powerful software will help growers build efficient, compliant, successful operations that provide healthy fruit & vegetables and fair, rewarding jobs for billions of consumers and agricultural workers globally.
What's the biggest problem your team is solving?
The biggest problem we're tackling is to bring simplicity and great practices to a very complex domain area. Agriculture has huge variations of possible workflows and real-world complications that our product must support. At every client, thousands of people in actual fields and in offices must be able to use our product and their data seamlessly.
Where we are
In the heart of Glendale, a walkable hotspot of multicultural restaurants, bars, and shopping. Easy access to Amtrak and the 134, 5, and 2 highways.
Perks + Benefits
Mean gender pay gap below 10%
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Company sponsored family events
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
- I love interacting with our customers every day and hearing their stories about how PickTrace has fundamentally changed the way they operate for the better. They are the ones helping us pave the way to revolutionize the Ag industry!Kalyn FettaCustomer Success Manager
- I've loved the opportunity to witness how the company has grown so quickly. From being only 2 people on the Dev team, and 3 people managing Sales and Support, we have turned into a super team of specialized professionals!Samuel Montes de OcaSoftware Engineer
- I legitimately like everyone I work with! Also, I truly believe in what we’re building: not having doubts over our direction, our product, our people, etc., is very satisfying. And everyone plays ping pong!Matt AnsonSenior Product Manager
- My favorite thing is the people and team. More specifically as an engineer, I love the fast-paced environment to learn and grow.Erika MenezesSenior Software Engineer
Technology we use
- Google FirestoreDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Campaign MonitorEmail