Hello, we're Flo Technologies
Water damage is 5x more likely than theft and 6x more likely than fire. More than 17 gallons are lost everyday due to leaks in a typical home. Flo Technologies works to prevent water waste and water damage in homes and buildings across the country with our smart home water monitoring technology and leak protection system.
Why Work with Us?
We are intentionally cultivating a culture of respect, appreciation, and high performance. We support each other across team lines as well within our departments. We believe in transparency and creating an environment where people feel safe to express their opinions and audacious ideas. And we have cold brew on tap!
An Insider's view of Flo Technologies
How does your team reward individual success?
We use Bonusly to grant each other bonuses called Floes using Slack when we want to appreciate a teammate for something that also reflects our core values. We also take time at each Town Hall to do shout-outs across the organization so we can publicly recognize each other for our good work.
What does your typical day look like?
At Flo I love getting to work with global teams from LA, Argentina, Russia and Taiwan every day. We make good use of Slack and video chats to stay connected and ensure that the teams are making progress 24/7. Meetings at the beginning and end of every day to transfer information are very important to us.
Director of Firmware Engineering
How does the company support your career growth?
I started at Flo as an intern in the Marketing department and I’m now a full-time employee here in Marketing. I am grateful that Flo has supported my career growth since day one by encouraging me to explore various opportunities at Flo to learn and lead.
Growth Marketing Coordinator
What is your vision for the company?
Our products will become ubiquitous with the home, like the smoke detector or security alarm, and will impact people's lives by preventing catastrophic water damage, emotional hardship, financial cost, and most important, water loss. We are committed to driving water conservation for homeowners resulting in environmental benefits for our planet.
What kinds of technical challenges do you and your team face?
At Flo, we are building highly-scalable, efficient and secure systems that process billions of rows of data every day! Building real-time streaming pipelines, protecting customer data, deploying resilient backend services, writing optimized code for resource-constrained hardware devices are some of the technical challenges we face.
VP of Software Engineering
Where we are
We are located in the heart of downtown Culver City, just steps from the Expo and minutes from excellent spots for lunch, coffee and team happy hours.
Perks + Benefits
Partners with Nonprofits
Friends outside of work
Eat lunch together
Dedicated Diversity/Inclusion Staff
Unconscious bias training
Someone's primary function is managing the company's diversity and inclusion initiatives
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Paid Sick Days
- I'm excited about the problem we're solving at Flo. In addition to helping homeowners prevent water damage to their homes, we're focused on preserving one of our world's most precious resources. It's inspiring to be part of this team.TaylorHead of Product Management
- Flo is a place that encourages innovation and ambition. Everyone is moving and learning quickly here. I am so glad that I joined a company with a wonderful culture, supportive co-workers and a great product. I look forward to growing with Flo.YuluProject Manager, Data
- I enjoy working at Flo because we all support one another. Everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to reaching the same goals. I love that my job allows me to love and enjoy my other passions in life.ChristinaSupport Operations Coordinator
- At Flo we have developed a culture of innovation, trust, transparency and collaboration that spans the entire organization. We expect our teammates to constantly be asking, "Why are things this way?" and "How can we make this better?"JeffHead of Hardware Engineering/R&D
Technology we use
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
Our funding history
$3.5M in FundingInvestors: Crosslink Capital, Echo Capital, MetaProp NYC, Plug and Play, SWTLF Ventures.
$7.8M in FundingInvestors: Anthemis Group, Crosslink Capital, Echo Capital, Metaprop NYC, Plug and Play
$28M in Funding