Territory Manager (Outside Sales)
Greater LA Area
Are you a self-motivated and gregarious business development representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology? Do you want to join a high energy company with an amazing culture? If you thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment then this may be position for you!
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About The Position:
The Territory Manager role is a full-time, high base salary + generous commission outside sales position based in Los Angeles, CA. You will sell online ordering and marketing solutions in person within an assigned territory. Most of your time will be spent in the field or working from your home office…which provides lots of freedom and requires self-discipline. We’ll provide you with the right tools and on-going training while you grow our restaurant network and grow your career.
As the Territory Manager, you will:
- Execute a buyer centric sales process. This is about solving real problems, not just pitching.
- Become a world-class social seller and subject matter expert within online ordering and restaurant marketing. This requires building your personal brand online.
- Meet and exceed a fair quota for new restaurant accounts.
- Prospect for potential restaurant partners through Internet research, social media, cold calling, “cold walk in’s”, and real world networking.
- Connect with restaurant owners online, on the phone and in person. Owners are tough to catch so you’ll have to be creative and persistent.
- Demo ChowNow as a solution to a restaurant owner’s problems & negotiate agreements.
- Hand-hold restaurants during the setup process while transitioning the relationships to a ChowNow Account Manager.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Learn the suite of ChowNow products; be able to discuss the ChowNow origin story with prospective clients.
- Learn to navigate through salesforce (Creating Leads, Opportunities, Flipping Accounts to “Closed Won” - YESSS!)
- Start to master your ChowNow pitch, from your elevator pitch to close.
- Learn the lay of the land, begin to understand your territory at greater length and strategize on what’s your first and next move. (Start to generate leads/ opportunities out in the field)
- Learn the sales process from A to Z (From finding the leads, to saying hello, to asking for the close and finally making sure everything is correct in Salesforce)
- Start to build a relationship with your SDR
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Hit/Exceed your ramp quota
- Learn to manage your calendar and travel schedule
- Become a road warrior by driving activity out in the field
- Start to maximize your efficiency and organization
- Begin to build relationships with our partnerships (US Foods)
- Continue to develop your relationship with your SDR, learn how to strategize and become more efficient in the field
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Hit/Exceed your ramp quota
- Fully understand the sales cycle
- Be on your way to become a sales guru
- Build a book of relationships with our partnerships that you will use throughout your career here at ChowNow
You Should Apply If:
- You’re an experienced, hungry sales professional with 3+ years of experience, and a proven track record of winning deals in a short sales cycle.
- You enjoy the entire sales process (prospecting, qualifying, positioning, closing, and supporting client onboarding).
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends. You enjoy build lasting relationships that enable you to build a book of business where referrals are the norm.
- You practice as hard as you play. You’re a market expert, you know your competitors, you’re up to date on the latest trends, you’re coachable, and you’re willing to put in the time to master your craft to understand how your buyer makes decisions.
- Sales to restaurants a BIG plus. The ability to thrive while working in the field with your own home office is a HUGE plus.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary + Commission
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
Read Full Job Description