Strategic Account Manager at BlackLine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine is looking for a passionate sales professional to join our team as a Strategic Account Manager. BlackLine has become the world's most trusted name in financial automation and defines the cutting edge category of Modern Finance.
- Document and maintain Account Plans for all assigned accounts.
- Effectively develops a comprehensive Territory Plan.
- Establishing effective sales strategies and tactics that result in new business generation and expanding current business within assigned accounts.
- Schedule and complete weekly activities which include cold calling, phone prospecting and face-to-face meetings.
- Document daily activity in SalesForce.com to track performance.
- Work closely with other departments and support staff to assist with coordination of RFPs, demos, legal contracts and implementation of software and ensure client satisfaction.
- Achieve annual sales targets and average monthly revenue quotas on a consistent basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience selling enterprise, finance/accounting, and/or SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated experience selling at the C-Suite level and Fortune 500 companies.
- Ability to be a knowledgeable adviser to clients and prospects with a well-developed consultative selling style
- Demonstrated ability to leverage internal resources for the execution of Account Plans
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills and a proven track record of growing a territory
- Proven history of meeting quota consistently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in understanding the Value-Based sales cycle (Discovery to Close)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- A strong background in selling into the CFO's organization and Accounting/Finance departments
- Experience selling SaaS software to large corporations
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thoughts and perspectives.
- A company that believes in providing the best possible service to its clients and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners' continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.