Senior Consultant, HITRUST at PatientPop
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment.
We are looking for a Security Consultant, HITRUST with a deep background in the healthtech space that can help walk towards obtaining our HITRUST certification.
How you will contribute:
You will assess the security and compliance of PatientPop against regulatory and industry requirements and standards, and against security best practice frameworks for HITRUST. You will partner closely with stakeholders across the organization to help define and provide deliverables in preparation of obtaining HITRUST Certification.
- Manage compliance efforts which include the assessment and implementation of controls related to HITRUST CSF and HIPAA.
- Support HIPAA compliance and HITRUST certification needs of PatientPop.
- Work collaboratively as a HITRUST compliance specialist and assist with the planning of assessments.
- Assess security vulnerabilities using security frameworks such as HIPAA or HITRUST.
- Conduct audits/assessments including audit plan preparation, review of documentation and evidence, evaluation of procedures, and interviews.
- Assess provided documentation for compliance with a variety of standards.
- Prepare and review assessment reports.
- Educate and interpret compliance activities for PatientPop
- Manage priorities and tasks to achieve delivery utilization targets.
- Continuous professional development in maintaining industry specific certifications. Maintains strong depth of knowledge in the practice area.
- Collaborates with project managers, quality management and/or other delivery team members to drive customer satisfaction and meet project deliverables.
- Establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with stakeholders
What you’ll bring:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Strong personal initiative to appropriately manage time and meet deadlines
- Strong consulting skills; ability to advise and challenge the status quo while building strong relationships
- Ability to build high-trust relationship and credibility quickly
- High attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate meetings to small or large groups
- Diplomatic and broad minded
- 3+ years of IT security and compliance assessment experience
- Working knowledge of IT security frameworks and regulations such as NIST, ISO, CSF, HIPAA, HITECH, HITRUST, and Security Breach Notification
- Experience in the healthcare industry, including proven experience working with the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules, as well as the HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF)
- An understanding of IT security technologies, including network and application security, firewalls, access management, and data protection
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare operations and business processes
- Experience with IT security vulnerabilities and IT security audit procedures
- Security Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CCSFP, HCISPP, or CIPP
- Bachelor's degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business.
- Opportunity to create impact
- Ownership and autonomy
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Remote friendly or relocation assistance provided
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- Our HQ is 2 Blocks from the beach, next to the promenade and dog friendly
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.