Greater LA Area
This person will be responsible for the proper consolidation of our international subsidiaries, running foreign currency translation and posting consolidating journal entries to ensure that the Company’s consolidated financials are properly stated. You will also manage international teams to ensure that subsidiary activity is properly recorded and serve as the lead on all international activity while working closely with FP&A and other business units across the organization.
- Responsible for the consolidation, review and analysis of financial information from international operations, working with global counterparts
- Post consolidation journal entries and own currency reporting and analysis as per ASC 830
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of regular reporting packages by all subsidiaries.
- Owns specific areas of financial close, to include preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including variance reports
- Lead review of investment entity financial statements and record investments accordingly via cost or equity method
- Responsible for all statutory reporting for international business units
- Support financial audit and respond to auditor requests as needed
- Own the chart of accounts and data integrity of reporting
- Evaluate accounting processes and identify opportunities to streamline and recommend best-practice solutions.
- Interface with US Census Bureau to complete and submit government surveys
- Assist with other accounting functions as needed to support needs of the department
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as requested by management
- High-level of accounting and analytical expertise
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work both as a member of a team and independently to accomplish responsibilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Superb attention to detail and deadline-driven
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Accounting
- Practical experience with ASC 830
- In-depth understanding of GAAP & Understanding of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cashflow Statement and their relationships
- Advanced Excel user
- Proven experience auditing/performing accounting cycles and overall financial statement analysis
- CPA or Big 4 Experience
- Systems Knowledge: NetSuite and Concur
- Manufacturing experience a plus
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description