Sales Development Representative
Be part of our growing inside sales team, driving growth through phone & email outreach in order to set up demo appointments for the Account Executive Team. Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Cold call and prospect decision maker/lead
• Research top florists nationwide to email/call as relevant as possible
• Identify decision maker in shop
• Maintain active engagement and follow up with leads until they are qualified for demo
• Partner with our experienced Account Executives to help fill their sales pipeline
• Hit monthly quota goals for sourced and qualified leads
• Reports directly to Sales Director.
• Very competitive compensation plan
• Employee Stock Incentive Plan
• Health, Vision & Dental
• Opportunity for career advancement.
• A brand new office on 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean.
• Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches.
• Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact.
• Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
• Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world).
• The base is ~ $2.7k/month + commision ( a ramped up SDR is looking to make ~$4k/month) plus Equity/Stock in growing company, Medical/Dental/Vision coverage & the other perks of a flower startup.
BloomNation has a clear Growth Plan for SDRs that are crushing their metrics and show leadership. The general path looks like:
SDR >> SDR lead >> AE >> AE Lead >> Enterprise AE
How to Apply
Send resume & cover letter to: [email protected]
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) required.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• People person: sociable, excitable, and inquisitive.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
• High need for achievement and competition. Loves to compete and win.
• Unfazed by rejection.
• Experience working and succeeding in a quota and goal driven environment.
• Easily builds rapport and establishes relationships with prospects. Referrals are the norm.
• Listens patiently. Will probe and clarify to get a real sense of customer's needs.
• Resourceful. Goes over, under, around and through obstacles to achieve success.
• Cold Calling experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
BloomNation is the online floral marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar online floral space. Our rapidly growing team is backed by the best investors in the industry including: Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.). In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online.
We are looking for energetic and driven inside salespeople to join our all-star team. You will work with the country’s best local florists by onboarding them and getting them to use BloomNation’s suite of enterprise tools including: customized websites, third-party integrations, marketing tools & more.
The BloomNation Story (as told by Fast Company)
“As startup stories go, BloomNation’s is among the less likely--and the source of its initial funding is no exception. The idea that a poker pro would invest his winnings into a bid to shake up the floral business sounds far-fetched. But that’s how Daneshgar, Shoraka, and Weisstein financed the launch of BloomNation in 2011, and since then, the online marketplace has blossomed into what its founders envision as the Etsy of the flower industry.
BloomNation takes the local artisan movement that has energized the food and craft markets and applies it to the most sentimental of transactions: sending flowers. On BloomNation.com, customers browse and purchase arrangements directly from local florists, who can trumpet their identities via a bio page and photos. The startup’s three co-founders aim to solve frustrations on both the buyer’s and seller’s ends…”
Interested candidates should submit their resumes immediately. ***make sure it is either a .doc or .pdf file (read as: don't send a .txt document)***