Sales Development Representative - SDR
Who we are - BloomNation (bloomnation.com)
BloomNation is the online floral marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built the highest quality software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists online business by an average of 30% per year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we have no signs of slowing down.
- Backed by top industry investors such as Ronny Conway, Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.).
- Disrupting the massive $11B retail floral marketplace
- Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
- Beautiful location on the 3rd Street Promenade in downtown Santa Monica, one block away from the ocean
Who we are looking for - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
BloomNation is continuing to grow, and we are looking for incredibly ambitious, self-motivated and results-oriented professionals to join our team. We want individuals who take pride and ownership in whatever it is they do. We pride ourselves on reps who are driven to succeed and approach challenges with a “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
At BloomNation, we have a clear comp structure & growth path for SDRs that are crushing their metrics and show leadership. The general path looks like this: Junior SDR » SDR » Senior SDR » Junior AE » AE » Senior AE » Enterprise AE with a very competitive commission plan, bonus, and raise applied to each promotion along the way. With this Growth Path, all incoming SDRs have the opportunity to become an Account Executive within their first year!
More Specifically, you will…
- Become a best-in-class sales and business development representative to florists
- Cold call and prospect key decision makers and leads
- Research top florists nationwide to ensure emails/calls are as relevant as possible
- Maintain active engagement and follow up with leads until they are qualified for demos
- Partner with our experienced Account Executives to help fill sales pipelines
- Hit monthly quotas and goals for sourced and qualified leads
- Build reports for Sales Director
- Be accountable to yourself and your team
The Right Person - Experience/Qualifications/Persona
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience: 1+ years of sales experience preferred with startup and B2B SaaS experience a plus! Individuals with less experience will still be considered. We are looking for the right drive and mentality.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A natural people-person - sociable, excitable, and inquisitive
- Tech-savvy with an ability to comprehend and explain technology with ease
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and a “do what it takes” startup culture
- High need for achievement and competition
- Unfazed by rejection
- Easily builds rapport and establishes relationships with prospects (referrals are the norm)
Why join our team?
We are still early enough that options matter... a lot... We are recruiting Silicon Beach's top talent as we rapidly scale up our still small (~35 person) team. Join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart & if you want to own and be a leader in your area of expertise. If you're passionate, energetic, and easy to work with you will thrive here.
- Our Sales Growth Path offers an opportunity for promotion every 2-3 months with an average raise of $3,250 to base pay and a $1-2k bonus at each promotion
- If goals are met on time, SDRs can expect to earn ~$58k within their first year and an uncapped commission structure (you deserve it!).
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable, rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage & other perks of a flower startup
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credit
- 15 days accrued PTO + 6 days accrued sick leave
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the world
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]