Partner Success Manager at BlackLine
The Partner Success Manager will deliver post-sales efforts to their assigned BPO and Channel Partners and their onboarded End Customers. This program strategy encompasses the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize End Customer's adoption of subscribed licenses and products. In addition to preventing attrition and churn, they will continually enhance the End Customer's health and satisfaction. The Partner Success Manager will use their expertise in the BlackLine platform and products, as well as their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables. They will also deliver these activities in tandem with the Partner in order to coach the Partner how to deliver these activities independently.
- Implement the Partner Success program strategy associated with BlackLine onboarded End Customers for BPO and Channel Partners.
- Advise, coach and share SME expertise regarding the features and usage of BlackLine's solutions to attain product and license expansion and adoption.
- Educate and train BPO and Channel Partners regarding existing and new product features and functionality, and how they can contribute to their End Customers' business objectives.
- Provide leadership to partners for large strategic BPO customers that drives measurable engagement and optimization.
- Perform, in tandem with partners, demonstrations of success planning activities for onboarded End Customers to ensure BlackLines addresses and meets their corporate goals/objectives and challenges.
- Lead Success Reviews, Executive Business Reviews, End Customer advocacy, coaching activities and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits.
- Address assigned End Customers activities' impact on BlackLine and provide best practices. Examples include organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes.
- Work as a team with the Strategic Alliances Team and other departments on strategic account planning; focus on account expansion, reduction of license and product adoption whitespace, increased End Customer sentiment, and reduced churn risk.
- Identify and report on "at-risk" End Customers, including impact on renewals, and guide Partners through a successful "Red → Green" process.
- Create and lead trainings and workshops for Partners including train the trainer sessions.
- Review, analyze and provide guidance and recommendations on governance activities for BPO and Channel Partner projects; this includes recurring review of projects, meeting with Partners to review health of each project, and communicate with the BlackLine Services Team.
- Compile, review and provide enhancement feedback to Product Management team with the goal of improving functionality that helps to retain existing customers and attract new ones.
- Act as SME at BlackLine or Partner events.
Years of Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in accounting/audit and/or financial industry software solutions
- 6+ years customer facing experience (internal or external)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- MBA, CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years BlackLine experience including advanced products, with demonstrated knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and high-pressure situations with poise, diplomacy and tact
- Must be highly process-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with passion for learning
- Updated knowledge of current accounting practices and changes in the industry
- Travel up to 25% or as required