Inside Sales Manager
Greater LA Area
Are you known for your high energy and ability to inspire your sales team to achieve greatness? If you’re an overachiever, who enjoys delivering exceptional results and wants to help build our business, this will be an exceptional job opportunity for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Inside Sales Manager, you will be working with 9-12 highly motivated Account Executives, and will be responsible for helping them to drive results and achieve a higher level of mastery of their roles.
Reports to VP of Sales; directly manages team of Account Executives
What Success Looks Like:
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Establish and run weekly team meetings including: 1:1s with your direct reports; define individual goals with each rep to be reviewed and discussed each week with Sales Leadership; report on your team’s quota attainment, progress to weekly / monthly / quarterly goals, and conversion rates
- Successfully complete ChowNow sales process and methodology training and demonstrate that you can help the team with specific questions and effectively coach the team through open opportunities
- Understand ChowNow’s Salesforce.com instance. You can customize reports, dashboards, and required data to give you an optimized viewed into AE production.
- Cross-train in onboarding, customer success, customer support and other functions
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Have diagnosed strengths and weaknesses of your team. Partner with the Training Manager to build your first training session based on your assessment of the most time sensitive area of weakness.
- Have increased the conversion rate of leads to sales by 5%
- Hire (or promote) your first SDR using the ChowNow Guide to Hiring
- Build your first training session based on your assessment of the most time sensitive area of weakness
- Schedule 3 external meetings with ChowNow customers and power users, from recruiters to hiring Directors, to understand why they chose ChowNow and how they see us differentiated in the market; use this information to amend or update our sales playbook
- Develop Ramp Camp training for new SDR’s
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Have increased the conversion rate of leads to sales by an additional 5%
- Partner with recruiting team to re-evaluate the account executive hiring process and our AE hiring goals (roughly 4/ quarter)
- Write two articles to highlight and share our approach to sales leadership on LinkedIn
- Accurately report and forecast (within 15%) by partnering with your reps, Finance, and Sales Ops
- Ensure your team maintains high standards of data integrity within our Salesforce.com instance, resulting in increased levels of connection rates with prospects from our sales and marketing programs
- Identify team workflow needs and work with sales operations and sales leadership to implement process changes and/or new tools in the sales stack
- Cultivate a great culture within your team resulting in a month-over-month increase in team eNPS score.
Within 12 Months You’ll:
- Maintain average sales rep conversion rate of demos to sales of at least 35%
- Increase and maintain a launched rate of closed/won sales of at least 93%
You Should Apply If:
- You will have 4+ years of proven sales management experience in a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company.
- You have a proven track record in Inside SMB sales
- You can demonstrate that you’ve previously built scalable processes and implemented strategies that have successfully grown a sales team
- You have strong negotiating and strategic selling skills – creating a business plan, assessing territories, qualifying targets and prioritizing sales efforts
- You have proven ability to develop/drive and thrive in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
- You have knowledge of Salesforce, Apple products, Google Docs and Excel
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description