At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it — always ready to experiment and learn.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our EdTech platform, GoGuardian is seeking an experienced and dynamic Enterprise Sales Director to join our team. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, you’ll lead dynamic sales teams that are responsible for driving top line revenue for States and the country’s largest districts, acquiring new logos, and ensuring that our existing clients love our product and increase their use over time. You’ll build, coach, lead, and enable a high-performing team of sales professionals. You’ll also collaborate with cross functional partners, including leaders in pre-sales, marketing, product management, customer success, and data science. You will need to quickly develop a clear understanding of the education industry, including the legislation and nuances tied to the industry, and use that knowledge to drive the major functions of this role. A prime candidate will be an accomplished, data-driven SaaS leader who can lead, scale and drive teams that sell innovative solutions in a rapidly growing organization. Not only are you able to craft sales plans that reflect GoGuardian’s vision and expectations, but you are also seasoned in providing fresh ideas that help drive revenue and expand our footprint. You thrive on operational excellence, mentoring, coaching, building cross-functional relationships, and are a mission and culture-first sales leader. To excel in this role, you must have a strong background and demonstrated track record of collaboration, accountability, ownership and operational excellence.
What You'll Do
- Drive the top-line revenue throughout the Enterprise vertical by acquiring new logos. Drive upsells by fostering the adoption and use for existing clients.
- Lead, coach, develop, and enable multiple customer-facing teams of 4-7 Account Executives.
- Lead team change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles
- Hire, train, develop and manage a high performing team in a manner that will not only achieve targets and consistently deliver results, but also align with the GoGuardian culture
- Foster a diverse and inclusive team environment, regularly expressing concern for team members’ success and well-being
- Consistently track and regularly report on sales metrics and forecasts to the executive leadership team
- Partner with product management, product marketing and marketing on pricing strategies and business models to achieve revenue goals
Who You Are
- At least 10 years of experience in software sales within fast-growing companies, including evidence of quota attainment and acquisition of new logos.
- At least 3-5 years of people leadership experience.
- Experience building successful teams, specifically accelerating growth in team size.
- Interest in solving customer problems and creating original solutions for them.
- Experience hiring and retaining top talent.
- Excellent understanding of managing a sales pipeline, including ability to motivate the team to self-create and close– pipeline management and time management skills.
- Evidence of ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment, international cultures, and distributed teams.
- Knowledge of and/or experience within the EdTech space is strongly preferred.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.