Director of Business Development
Greater LA Area
About the Team:
At ChowNow, our mission is to help local restaurants grow their business by improving relationships with their customers.
We are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners, who transact over $1M daily on the ChowNow platform.
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our Director of Business Development, you will own the strategy and execution for key partnerships and drive the vision for new revenue opportunities for ChowNow.
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to CEO. Travel to client locations in support of the sales process as necessary (25% - 40% travel).
Specifically you will:
- Identify, structure, negotiate, and execute strategic partnerships with a wide array of partners across industry verticals
- Be involved with setting strategy and vision for new areas of opportunity
- Work closely with marketing, product, engineering, operations, and business teams to identify impactful opportunities and drive partnerships to execution
- Develop and manage new channels of revenue
- Inherit and cultivate existing partnerships including Google, Apple, Facebook, Yelp, GoDaddy, Squarespace and others
Within 1 Month, You’ll..
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Work directly with the CEO to design the Partner strategy and define priorities
- Analyze partner and industry metrics to identify trends and issues, and develop recommendations to help optimize results
Within 3 Months, You’ll..
- Set-up and manage dashboards and KPIs to track the performance of partnerships and other initiatives
- Provide ongoing review and analysis of existing partnerships to uphold and strengthen relationships as well as evaluate performance against KPIs and strategic fit
Within 6 Months, You’ll..
- Have identified, negotiated, and executed your first strategic partnership
- Exceed partner targets each quarter
- Maintain consistent communications with existing partners to ensure partnership satisfaction
You Should Apply If:
- You have 5+ years of relevant business development at a SaaS company
- You have extensive experience in reviewing and confidently negotiating deals
- You have the ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- You have a track record of meeting and exceeding measurable objectives
- You have outstanding leadership and communication skills that enable the building of relationships with people across all levels and organizations, internally and externally
- You have the proven ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description