Business Manager/ Senior Business Manager at The Aerospace Corporation
- In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
We are seeking a Business Manager / Senior Business Manger to become a member of the Engineering Technology Group team. The successful candidate will manage financial, operational and strategic business functions for the Information Systems and Cyber Division at Aerospace. Responsibilities will include formulation and management of annual budgets, financial and operational analysis and presentation of results, strategic partnership with leadership to efficiently achieve organizational goals, and coordination with various service organizations to ensure successful business operations. This position will be a valued business partner to senior leadership, providing financial planning, data review and analysis, status reporting and project management support.
- Integral member of the division’s management team, with primary oversight over all budget-related activities and a key contributor for business-related decision making.
- Develop financial forecasts and partner with division management to lead the annual capital and operating budgeting process, including allocation and prioritization of resources, as well as assessment and document business case justification for proposed expenditures.
- Develop financial plans and forecasts for direct- and indirect-funded projects, including tracking of labor hours and dollars.
- Manage, coordinate and track the procurement of equipment and services necessary to accomplish divisional objectives and ensure the timely execution of budgets to planned targets.
- Provide financial and operational analytical support to aid in strategic decision making, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Tableau dashboards.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators for measuring financial and operating performance.
- Compare and analyze actual results with plans and forecasts, identify trends, assess and communicate reliable metrics that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies,
- Assist leadership in development of tactical business strategy to attain strategic organizational goals.
- Identify opportunities for future cost savings and operational efficiencies within the division.
- Identify areas for process improvement and develop/lead change implementation efforts. Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Review and ensure consistency of operating practices among sub-divisions.
- Provide division leadership with regular business updates at staff meetings.
- Serve on corporate or cross-organizational special projects, as needed.
- Provide ad hoc project management support on a variety of financial and operational projects.
- Manage group facility requirements including space planning, facilities/equipment maintenance, physically moves, network and equipment requirements
- Provide direct supervision to a team of 2 support staff
Required for Business Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of eight (8) or more years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance management, or business management
- Current SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance. This is issued by the US government and a US citizenship is required
- Experience in cost tracking and budget ownership
- Ability to anticipate need for, develop, and implement business processes and reports to keep management informed of financial status
- Exceptional analytical skills. Ability to independently create and accurately analyze data.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support the preparation and presentation of briefings for internal dissemination
- Excellent collaboration, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
Required for Senior Business Manager
- All qualifications as listed above
- A minimum of ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance management, or business management
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx
- Experience in SAP and/or Business Warehouse, and knowledge management and collaboration tools. Ability to quickly learn and utilize management systems and tools.
- Strong business partnering skills in both finance and strategic business functions
- Adaptable with a proven track record of building strong working relationships within an organization
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with various organizations, tying them all together with strategic a vision and focus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with corporate service organizations (e.g., Finance, IT, Facilities, Security, and Corporate Communications) and effectively interface with all levels of management and staff
- Advanced business-related degree and/or professional certification (CPA, CFA, MBA)
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.