GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
As a Business Development Representative, your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. You’ll work to generate interest in the GoGuardian offerings through daily engagement with prospects and leads. You’ll use your top-notch communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers from first contact until you pass on the deal to the sales team to close.
This is an entry-level sales role and we're ideally looking for someone with prior related experience developing leads and cold-calling. However, we're open to someone highly motivated and results-driven who is looking to embark on a sales career.
What You'll Do
- Qualify leads generated from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential customers through cold calls and emails
- Present the GoGuardian Value Proposition
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Meet (and ideally exceed!) quarterly and annual quota targets
- Keep CRM up to date with all sales activity and notes
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Support, Marketing, and Customer Success
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
Who You Are
- 1-2 years’ professional work experience in sales or a similar role, college degree preferred
- Ability to understand customer requirements, build rapport, establish relationships and identify solutions
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and grow independently
- Proven track record of success and over-achievement
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent team player
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and “do what it takes” startup culture
- Unfazed by rejection & Coachable
What We Offer
- Opportunity to impact and revolutionize safe digital learning experiences for K-12 students
- Partner with enthusiastic and talented colleagues who are compelled to do good in the world
- Weekly yoga classes, guided aromatherapy meditation and on-site gym
- Annual personal growth stipend for continued learning
- Grow and scale with one of the fastest growing EdTech companies
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.